Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, January 31, 2011

GOOD FRIENDS

I found out this past weekend my friend Bubba spent several days last week in the ICU of the hospital in Paris. A bleeding ulcer put him there. Not something anyone wants to have.

Of course, I didn't learn he had been in the hospital, until after the fact. Not that I could have done much to "help" him, with the great distance to travel.

Oh ... wait. He was in the Paris, TENNESSEE hospital. I don't want anyone to think it was that OTHER Paris. In France. Both are long distance for me.

I got in contact with Wemus & Sting to find out why they had not told me about Bubba. Turns out I was telling them.

Bubba always has been a reserved individual & doesn't express, or brag about himself & his life. That's why we are such good friends; opposites attract.

Bubba had been very helpful to me several years ago when I was in the hospital in Little Rock. [There is no Little Rock in France.] I wish I could have returned the favor to Bubba when he was in the hospital.

It just so happens I had lunch this past Friday with several of the other people who helped me out when I was in the hospital with my heart surgery.

I wish I had known then about Bubba & his medical issues when we all were together at lunch. Everyone asked about him & my answer was along the lines of ... "He's fine". Little did I know then.

Everyone in our group -- save one -- are former employees of L'Oreal-Maybelline.

We had lunch at a place called Moe's. It's "Southwestern grill" style food. We've eaten there several times previously, as we get together every 6-8 weeks for lunch.

The above photo has Lori, Sheila & Kenny. It was a beautiful day -- which sometimes happens in the Winter in Arkansas -- so we spent some time enjoying the sun & pleasant temperatures before going inside.

For history, Kenny -- with Bubba -- came to the hospital to visit me there & the first day, when I was informed I was "not leaving ", took my truck back home for me. [When I could drive, 30 days later, I found Kenny had messed with the radio dial, re-adjusted the drivers seat & changed a few other things in the truck cab.] My Buddy !!

Sheila worked with me at MBL. When I ... ah ... "left the company, to pursue other opportunities", she was promoted to my old position. She was always a good, smart, hard worker & the promotion was deserved. Later that year, she quit. Way to go, Sheila !!

Lori is still working at MBL. Actually, she's running just about ALL the distribution area. Too many hours & too much un-rewarded effort. At least that's what I think !!

The above photo is of Kelly, Kenny & Lori's arm. The poor quality of the picture is my fault, as I was trying out the new camera I just purchased.

Kelly & Kenny both worked in the Credit Department at MBL. But, I still like them.

My "hospital connection" with Kelly -- besides her visits -- was that she had/has a friend who was/is in the administration at St. Vincent Hospital, & the lady -- who's name I draw a blank on -- also visited with me & made sure I was being treated well. I was !!

I hope the look on Lori's face above is NOT her thinking about the tasks she had facing her when she went back to work Friday afternoon. We need to find her another job. She's too good for all they put her through right now.

I have been blessed with good friends & I want Bubba to be healthy & feeling well ... so I can continue to keep ALL my good friends.

4 comments:

  1. I'm usually cool with people adjusting the seat of my car and changing the radio station but if the mess with my CD's there will be trouble.

    Best wishes to Bubba and just for the record both Lori and Sheila are hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your "friends". I hope bubba is back to normal real soon.

    Brace yourself (and the girls) for the winter storm! Sounds like it will be a real winter blizzard.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry about Bubba, living so far away. He NEEDS my corrupting influence in his life.

    ALL the women in my life need to meet TWO requirements: good looks & mega smartness. Having lunch with THREE such women at one time, keeps the pressure on me to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete