Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, January 17, 2011

A SPECIAL DAY

It's the start of another new week. But, who can tell ?? Too bad all the days run together & they all seem to start the same.

Today is different. It's unique ... for one "special" reason.

It's not because it is the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. That happens only ONCE(t) a year. I don't get the day off today. I guess I need a job first.

Certainly NOT because it's Monday. As written, all the days in my life seem to fall together & sometimes -- well, more often than I want to confess -- I actually have to ask questions of myself first thing in the A.M., to remember what day of the week it is that I am starting.

No ... today is special because it is the 17th of January !! It's one of 12 "special" days, all occurring on the 17th of each month.

And, just in case I forget, I have a note stuck to my computer monitor to remind me of the date.

Today is ... FRONTLINE DAY !! [Actually ... "Frontline-Plus Day".]

On the 17th day of each month, I apply Frontline-Plus flea & tick treatment to each of the cats. Last night I opened the packaging & had the green applicator dosing tubes ready to go first thing this A.M. I like to catch The Girls ... "off-guard".

Note: I don't remember -- more "brain pharts" -- why it is the 17th of each month this event occurs. I guess that was the date I stated "treatments" years ago.

Wobs is usually the hardest to"dose". She doesn't like to have it done. Maybe it "violates" her.

Wobs seems to know what's about to happen, before the other two do. Last month, just the snapping sound -- of breaking the seal on the green applicator -- was enough to send Wobs scurrying.

Note #2: The "treatment" is not painful or long in duration. It's just a matter of controlling the cat & squirting the liquid on the back of their neck; a place they can not lick/"clean". It's the "controlling" part which becomes the issue, especially each month with Wobs.

So far, this A.M., I have already "dosed" Precious & Nibblets. No problems.

Wobs is currently upstairs in the loft, having gone up there -- as she does most every morning --when "we" first got out of bed. I've got the last applicator waiting on the kitchen counter & will "plan" on treating her when she comes downstairs later to have her morning breakfast.

The way to a cat's neck ... is through their stomach !!

Then, once Wobs has had her flea & tick preventive applied, the "monthly project" will be done & I will not have to face the hassle again until next month's ... "special day".

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, its the same here with Sparky the Dog and Evil Spock the Cat. Neither of them likes the stuff but we got hit with a bad flea infestation a couple of years ago and it was Hell to get under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the cats scratch or claw, or try to "fight" me. Mostly they go limp, especially if I do it right & sneak up on them as they are eating first thing in the A.M.

    With Wobs, she seems to have an idea what's "coming". She too will go limp, but once I am done, she will run off, as if mad at me, & then I feel bad, until she shows up later, as if nothing happened.

    The reality is, the act itself probably has more of an effect on ME rather than The Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joys of medicating cats. They know things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They know how to get REVENGE too.

    Momma scratched my face, swiping at the string on my hoodie, & THE WOBBLER sat in my lap for 3/4 of a basketball game & REFUSED to move.

    ReplyDelete