Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

NO CELL PHONES

I've been thinking of getting a bow & some arrows. Not for hunting, but to have a bit of "deterrent" when stray dogs come on my property. Got to let them know, this is "Cat Country".

Well, to confess, most of the dogs I encounter are not "strays". They belong to neighbors. Still, the dogs -- or their owners -- are not abiding by the local "leash law". I could be "The Enforcer".

Growing up, when we had our weekend cabin in New York State, my Father constructed an area for an archery range. There were targets & a "backstop" to catch the arrows that ... "missed".

I had several bows & arrows which I remember were made by the Ben Pearson Company. I had forgotten that name for many years, when just last week, I learned they were all manufactured at the companies headquarters South of here, in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

Another example of it being a "small world".

Ben Pearson has a big proponent of archery. Along with finding out he was from Arkansas, I learned he owned land North of here in the Ozark Mountain hamlet of Prim. There he built a unique cabin in a small, rocky valley. Truly one-of-a-kind.

Ben Pearson died in 1971, but his son -- Ben, Jr. -- has upgraded the cabin. He's also built two more cabins & is constructing a fourth.

All the cabins are built into the rocks, some with interior cliff walls. All have lots of glass for spectacular views of the water falls which are a part of the design & architecture.

The cabins are available for renting & truly appear as a place to visit, relax, communicate with Nature & ... "Get away from it all". [It helps that there is no cell phone service.]

The cabins are located at Longbow Resorts & the website offers excellent pictures & descriptions of the cabins & the area, along with information on rentals. There is also an eight minute video as a sort of "walking tour" of everything.

It's not that far from where I live. I'd sure like to go spend a few days there, surrounded by "THE NATURAL STATE", in all it's glory.

And ... no cell phones.

3 comments:

  1. DO NOT shoot your neighbors' dogs. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... I'd have to practice first !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You LOVE dogs! I don't believe for a minute that you would shoot one of them - cats or no cats.
    "Weiner"

    ReplyDelete