Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

SUNDAY A.M. YUKS

It's almost 5 A.M. on a Sunday morning.

I just heard a dull sound outside, which I recognize as the truck delivering the newspaper. Time to venture out into the FOG -- which is the "weather alert" that has replaced most of the snow we once had -- & retrieve the paper.

The local newspaper usually doesn't take much time to read in full. Most of the "news" is just re-hashed, reviews of the information & stories which were on the Internet & 24-hour TV news shows for the past few days. Nothing of "new" news in the ("news")paper.

The Sunday newspaper at least has the Sunday funnies to read. In color no less, rather than the simple black & white of the "dailies". Not that I'm going to bother with them.

Now days, even the newspaper cartoons are "old" by the time I read them in the paper. I've already looked at most of the funnies which will be in the paper waiting out in the fog for me.

I have web sites I view each A.M. which have the cartoons I like to read. I follow most of the cartoons in the local paper, on-line,as well as a number of ones NOT carried in the paper.

On the Internet, ALL the cartoons are in color ... every day.

One of my favorite cartoons is "The Fusco Brothers" by J.C. Duffy. I've been following it for years. And it is NOT in the local rag.

Yes, it's a bit insipid, but the cartoon today has had me chuckling, no doubt because -- for lack of a better reason -- is to confess it hits close to home.

Been there/done that ... sort of. Which is more information than needs to be shared right now.

Time to go venture down to the road, into the fog -- like a priest in the movie The Exorcist -- & gather today's "old" newspaper from the yellow paper box.

No comments:

Post a Comment