Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

DAILY VISITS

With all the advances in technology, sometimes it's not necessary to visit friends, or even take time to call them on the phone or send them e-mails. They just show up in your life ... almost by surprise.

It's early in the morning -- just past 5 A.M. -- but already a couple of dear friends over in Springville, Tennessee have come into my life today, to share a laugh.

As with many a morning, in the daily Pickles comic, I find Opal is "Bubbette" & Earl is correctly depicted as being "Bubba", two friends near & dear to my heart & living too many miles away.

Except in the comics ... where they visit me every day.

4 comments:

  1. The papers here in South Carolina have cut back their comics to the bear minimum. They have Peanuts and a few others that are good but I miss reruns of "Farside."

    My grandparents were at lot like that couple in Pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny....just sayin'.

    Opal & Earl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain B. --

    I get all my cartoons off the Internet each morning. A lot of them -- even the daily's -- are in color.

    I got tired of some editor at the local newspaper deciding to replace/drop a cartoon I enjoyed. I could live without the paper, but not my cartoons.

    ReplyDelete