Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, January 31, 2011

"PARTS ... IS PARTS"

The Super Bowl is this coming weekend. Big whoop !! I'll probably watch very little of it, if any.

I used to watch the Super Bowl each year -- & lose several hours of my life I would never get back -- just to watch the commercials.

Now days, all the good Super Bowl commercials are on the Internet. Plus, most of them will be repeated over & over again, long after the Super Bowl. That's okay. I never get tired of seeing Betty White get tackled. Classic !!

As one of my degrees is a major in Advertising, Design & Production -- from Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, New York, (I still call it "Comedy College") -- I have always had an interest in the commercials for the products they try to influence people to buy. So many good ones. So many bad.

I was reminded earlier today of a series of commercials done by Wendy's years ago. In response to McDonald's "Chicken McNuggets", Wendy's was adverting THEIR chicken nuggets as ALL solid meat & not "pieces" melded together to form the nugget.

The Wendy's commercials, similar to their famous ads for "Where's the beef", called out the McDonald's offering, as McDonald's had previously had been forced to divulge their nuggets where made from chicken "parts". The Wendy's ad would mocking ask the question, "What are 'parts'?", with the answer from the fake McDonald's person being: "Parts ... is parts".

I was reminded of the clever -- & informative Wendy's ad -- this A.M. when I looked out the front door to the porch & saw the "parts" that were laying there.

Nibblets is shown "inspecting" what are obviously "parts" of a Blackbird, although I am not sure which one of my Girls is responsible for the bird being on the porch to begin with. I do know it was in one piece -- not "parts" -- when Wobs went outside to investigate the dead bird.

Thus, I am 100% certain it was Wobs who made sure ... "Parts is parts".

2 comments:

  1. My oldest two children are practical and analytical, so I've never had a problem with them being swayed by Madison Avenue; however, the little guy believes he needs an iPhone and Funoodles, and every other gadget and cheesy toy he sees on TV. It's frightening!

    I like your cats.

    ReplyDelete