Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MORE ... HOMER

Yesterday -- Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 -- was the first day the paperback edition of the book, Homer's Odyssey went on sale.

At my local Barnes & Noble Bookstore, they had two copies of the book on the front store table. I bought both copies. One for me & one to send to a friend.

Counting gifts, I've now purchased seven copies of the book.

I already have a copy of the hardcover book. Mine is signed by the author, Gwen Cooper. I wanted the new edition for the new pictures included, the new "afterward" written in the paperback & for the new cover. Remember ... I'm a "collector".

I've written about Homer's book before. It's the story of a BLIND cat & the wonderful effect he has on the author's life & all the people who get to meet Homer.

Well, not everyone. Apparently the burglar Homer actually chased from Gwen's apartment was none too happy to "meet" Homer.

Repeat: The cat is BLIND !!

I have continued to "follow" Homer on Gwen's web site, where she has a blog which she updates with current events, comments from other "Homer Fans" & pictures of Homer. There is even video of Homer on the site. He's "cat normal" in every way. He just doesn't have eyes.

Check out the web site: http://www.gwencooper.com/

[Excuse me. I had to "paws" for a minute. My own Wobs came to visit on the computer desk & provide me with some of her love. My sweet baby !!]

Here's the three books currently in the house: my original copy ... the new edition ... along with the "gift" book, ready for mailing. [The highlighters are to show that I went to Office Depot again yesterday. It's next to B&N. So, sue me. Pens & highlighters are a disease !!]

Just so she could get in the way & get her photo taken, Nibblets decided to walk into the line of sight. Always the beauty queen & willing to add her radiance to any blog post.

I recommend Homer's Odyssey for everyone to read, not just "cat lovers". I give it "Four Meows".

1 comment:

  1. Pens, cats, books. It's all AWESOME!

    Truly, I need to put the book on my to read list. You know how those are.

    ReplyDelete