Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

MORE IS MERRIER

I call my Mother -- Hilda -- in Florida, every Sunday morning. We may talk at other times through the week, but I always call her each Sunday. It's been that way for years.

One topic we discuss is ALWAYS the results for the drawing Saturday night for the Florida Lottery. We both play the twice a week drawings -- Wednesday & Saturday.

I did not call my Mother last Sunday morning & I won't be calling her tomorrow. Hilda is in England & has been since the 9th of September. She's traveling with one of my Aunt's & visiting another who still lives ... "across the pond".

Since there will be no weekly phone call tomorrow, it may be several more days before I speak to a living person. As I figure, the last human I spoke to was Rick, my heating inspector. That was Thursday A.M.

I've been home since Wednesday. I did go to the Post Office this afternoon, to get the mail out of the box I rent, but I did not talk to anyone.

It's not unusual for me to go days without talking to people. I am a "loner". I like it that way. I'm too into "me".

Still, I did have "conversations". I did use my voice. I always talk to the cats. They don't always talk back -- except for Wobs, who has quite an understandable vocabulary -- but they can indicate their "needs", which would include meow-tones for "Out" ... "Foodies" & "Scratch my ears".

I often think of adding more cats. There are so many needing homes & care givers. I know I could do it. I'm just not sure how the current crew would take to newcomers.

Now, this looks like a fun group.

No doubt it is feeding time in the photo above, as I have seen the same scenario at my door, with of course, fewer faces pressed against the glass. That dog better move fast when the door is opened, or it's going to get run over.

Ah ... the more the merrier.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lord....I see a new "Hoarder" coming on...pens, paper, envelopes, magazines, neckties and, now, CATS......

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !!! I forgot about all the ties up in the storage boxes in the closet. There's several thousand dollars right there if I could sell them.

    It's been almost a decade since I wore a tie. Don't need to now. I don't work & have neither a suit or sports coat to my name.

    I may have to add a blog post on the ties, to go along with the pens, envelopes, paper, etc. Maybe even a REALITY SHOW.

    And "YES" ... the ties are colorful & unique, just like the owner !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you could find some crafters in the blog world who would buy your ties. Those people use EVERYTHING. And they make really cool stuff too.

    The girls would adjust eventually if you brought in someone new.

    We can't bring in any new cats. As you may remember, we took in Jack as a stray. He also spends a lot of time outdoors. We found out some months ago that he has feline leukemia and some other autoimmune disease. He's doing great. We just have to take special care of him whenever he gets an infection. Your cats are healthy, so you wouldn't want to bring anyone in who could pass on disease through scratches and bites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ties -- like some other articles of "work clothes" (coats, shirts, pants) -- I keep, thinking I may need them sometime for a ... ah ... "job" ???

    Living in a rural area, there have been way too many "dumped" dogs & cats through the years. Disease, contacted through strays, is always on my mind, as all three of my Girls are indoor/outdoor cats.

    ReplyDelete