Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

JUST LIKE MYRTLE ??

My good friend in Memphis -- Myrtle -- manages to appear in a number of photos with her eyes closed. I guess she involuntarily reacts to the camera flash.

I used to think she was just bored & dozed off.

My cat Precious seems to have the same instinct. I seldom get a head-on photo of "Momma Kitty" -- & I do take A LOT of pictures of my girls -- where Precious has her eyes wide open.

Here's an example: Precious with her sleepy-eyed look, right next to Nibblets, who gives the appearance of being P.O.'ed at my sticking the camera in their faces. "Miss Nibs" even flashes a claw in the picture, as some sort of "warning".

It seems next to impossible to take an indoor photo of Precious without getting the semi-closed-eye look.

Just like Myrtle.

4 comments:

  1. Myrtle's just gonna love this post.

    I like how the cats are together in the picture. I used to have a pair. Jack and Jill. Jack's Jill, his grooming partner, has been gone for 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon/Myrtle is also "Precious"..

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! Me and Linds laughed so hard reading that post....and so true. But you will be pleased to know that I did really good with the family photos this past week - eyes wide open and no dozing. Thanks Bubba.

    Merty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mert --

    Maybe the improved "photo-eyes" are just a part of being a two-time Grandma. So many more camera flashes going off !!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete