Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

TYPICAL HOME OFFICE ??

In posts I have done on this blog in the past, I have included a few photos of the third "bedroom" of my house, which is my "home office". The other two "bedrooms" -- as if I would actually dedicate a room in my house to a hardly ever used bed -- are my library & the actual room I sleep in. It's the only room in my "Three Bedroom Home" with a bed in it.

I have written about the vast number of pens & markers surrounding my desk, so I thought it was time to highlight some of the other features -- in detail -- of my home office.

At the lower level there are "containers" -- I favor small baskets & recycled cups -- of pens, highlighters & markers. Also the keyboard & mouse. This is where I am sitting as I write this.

On the end of the shelf, are three different sizes of tape dispensers, since I never know what size tape I will need. Adjacent, is a red stapler, as featured in the movie "Office Space". Following that are an artists brush, BIG SCISSORS -- since I have about a dozen different sizes -- & a Dilbert Calendar, phone & the monitor.

Next, above, are scrapbooks, my printer, a small speaker, my blood pressure monitor, a Ziggy figurine & a Dilbert candy dispenser -- empty -- & three-ring binders.

Finally on top ... Precious ... AKA "Momma Kitty".

It's a comfortable office/work area & the other members of the household seem to enjoy it as well.

If Precious is not in my lap as I type -- which is her most frequent position, in order to take advantage of ear tweaks & head rubs -- she can be found on the shelf above me as well as several other locations within the room.

When we are in the house, at the same time, I am seldom alone. I like it that way.

I guess mine is a "typical home office".

Isn't it ??

2 comments:

  1. No, it's not typical. It's too neat to be typical. I would never post a picture of our desk - too much stuff I don't know what to do with.

    The typical part if the cat. Cats like desks. So much potential fun. I have a cat who will attack the paper as it comes out of the printer. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always impresses me how "The Girls" can seem to be 100% relaxed in the most uncomfortable looking positions, or on the hardest surfaces.

    Of course, Precious ALWAYS claims my lap as I sit down at the computer each A.M. I guess that is a soft spot compared to printers. She is snoozing as I type.

    ReplyDelete