Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

OBSESSION

No, I'm not referring to Calvin Klein. Although, just thinking about it, old friend Calvin was part of a previous "obsession" of mine.

In my get-cleaned-up-&-ready-to-go-to-work days, I was a BIG believer in splashing on cologne before leaving the house. Had to smell good for my fans.

The "obsession" was that I had about two dozen different kinds of fragrances, including Obsession. I was always stopping at Dillard's & checking the newest "Eau de Toilette" fragrances.

As a bonus, the Company Store at Maybelline always had brands carried by the various L'Oreal companies & employees had "credit" in the store each month. Basically, "free goods".

I still have boxes of fragrances I have never opened. I just kept using that "credit".

As a retiree from Maybelline/L'Oreal, I also get a "gift" each year from the Human Resources Department at Xmas. Yep, some sort of cologne. I've never opened those boxes either.

That cologne "obsession" has run it's course now that each day doesn't have a fixed schedule. However, that can't be stated for some of he other items I "collect".

It's a problem for me that Barnes & Noble & Office Depot are almost next to each other in a North Little Rock shopping center. Can't go in one & not the other.

This past Thursday, my "planned" shopping trip was to pick up some items at Sam's Club. It's in North Little Rock too.

A quick -- unplanned -- stop at the book & office supply stores had me buying the items above. Books & pens/highlighters ... THAT I NEEDED.

Books & pens -- & let's not forget the colored paper & envelopes -- are an OBSESSION.

2 comments:

  1. What's that Russel Brand thing about? And why do you have it?

    I think you already have those pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russell Brand's first book -- BOOKEY WOOK -- was interesting reading; about his early life & struggles. Also, maybe the second book will have some stories about Katty Perry.

    As for the pens ... SO WHAT !!!???
    It's an OBSESSION !!

    But really, when it comes to pens, think color, pen point thickness, barrell shape, etc. Sooooo many reasons to constantly aquire new pens, even as "BACK-UPS".

    ReplyDelete