Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

63 ...GOING ON 33

Tomorrow -- October 6th -- with be the birthday of my special friend over in Memphis, Tennessee -- "Myrtle". She'll be 25 years old.

I "robbed" this photo of her -- taken last week at the Memphis Zoo -- out of cyberspace. I was never this creative or clever when I worked for a living & used computers. [That was why we had tech support.]

I have written about Myrtle appearing in photographs with her eyes closed. Clever her having sunglasses on in this photo. I still bet her eyes are closed.

I have known "Mert" for more years than I can remember. Our friendship started when we both worked for Maybelline cosmetics in Memphis.

Did I get that right ?? 25 years old ??

I was often an "older brother" to Mert & she was the little sister I never had. I am sure if she had been my real sister, I would have hit her, picked on her & made her cry. Think "Indian Rub Burns" & "Noogies".

25 years ?? Something is not right here.

Mert & her husband -- Mart -- have two darling daughters, raising their own young kids out in Idaho. [One of the few states I have never been to.] Myrtle seems to be out there quite often, but not often enough for her.

Wait a minute. These numbers are not adding up. 25 ??

I hope my "special friend" has a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. I miss seeing her now that I am in Arkansas, but I have only myself to blame, being such a recluse & failing to travel much. I still think of her often.

This 25 years old business has me confused. I wonder if I have the numbers backwards ??

Can't be. Myrtle is not THAT old.

I'm only "33", so I KNOW she is only 25 years old.

That settles that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "MERTIE".

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Mert. Twenty-five is an awesome age. I hope she enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I steal pictures from cyber space all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you open the dictionary looking for a definition of "sweet" you also get a picture of Sharon Myrtle..."Happy Birthday" also.

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubba --

    Myrtle is an living Angel.

    I often told her I was counting on HER to get St. Peter to let me into Heaven. I knew I would never make it on my own.

    The problem was I would have to kill Myrtle, so I would know she was there ahead of me.

    I realized I needed to rethink that idea.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Marty are in so much trouble with that photo... It wasn't too bad turning 52, liked it so much I might be 52 again next year. Thanks for the birthday senitiment, but you still aren't forgiven for posting that ugly photo! Marty and I looking forward to seeing you and Kathy at Mosa next month, need to get Bubba there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Mert ... it's what "Big Brothers" do to their sisters.

    I hope we do another 30 years together.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete