Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I LOVE HALLOWEEN

There was a feature on one of the TV channels last week about changing the date for Halloween this year. The story line was since October 31st fell on a Sunday this year, Halloween should be moved up to tonight -- Saturday, the 30th.

With my extensive amount of TV channels on my satellite system, I quite often watch the NBC station from New York City -- "Channel 4 New York" -- which is where the idea of moving Halloween came from. It sounds like something that city would come up with.

Apparently, Sunday night for Trick or Treaters was going to interfere with Sunday church services, or something to do with the fact the kids would have to go to school the next day. But, not if Halloween was on Saturday.

I think too many people just don't want to take a chance of missing the football game on TV Sunday night.

Halloween is a "non-event" at my home. Not much -- make that "NO" -- activity & certainly no need for a pumpkin.

Living out in the country has it's advantages. One is the lack of kids coming to the door. This will be my 15th Halloween since I moved into this house. So far, I'm 13 & 1.

The first year I lived here, a car came up the driveway & deposited a kid. I gave the youngster some candy & the car drove off. That was the first -- & last -- Trick or Treater I've had come to my door. I plan on going 14 straight tomorrow night. The N.Y. Yankees should have done as well.

Of course .... just .... in ... case ... I did buy a small bag of candy bars. You never know when the streak will be broken. Isn't that right Bret Favre ??

It's also a good excuse to buy a bag of candy; a kind I like. This year it's Butterfingers.

I buy a bag every year at Halloween & then have to eat all the candy myself.

I love Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. Nobody comes to our house either. The houses on our street are too spread out and some driveways (like ours) are too long. We'll take Ian to a more populated neighborhood. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're the ones !!

    When I lived in Tennessee, I owned a townhouse condo. There were 100 units to the complex.

    Every Halloween people would bring their kids & drop them off. The little thugs would run wild, screaming, then ring every door bell & when someone came to answer the door, dozens of kids -- with/without costumes -- would flock to the door DEMANDING candy.

    When I lived there ... I bought CHEAP candy.

    ReplyDelete