Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

MOTHER NATURE

After two days of ice & snow, Mother Nature has started her clean-up process.

In the South, where most cities -- large & small -- have limited means of snow removal, the sun is the method for getting the ice off surfaces ... be it roads or roofs.

The sun is shinning in a blue sky today & the temperatures have reached past the freezing mark for the first time since Thursday. The roads have quickly dried & puddles are forming, where for the past few days there has been ice.

Yesterday, as far as outdoor conditions, seemed to be the worst at my location. On top of the ice & sleet from Friday, it had snowed in the night, hiding the slippery mess under it. With the temperatures below 32 degrees & the sun behind thick gray clouds, it made for a full day of a white & gray landscape.

I once again had to refill the bird feeders. I also walked the property to see if there were any damages due to the ice on the trees & check the land generally. Since the under surface was not frozen, the earth limited the amount of ice on the grassy areas.

Wait !! Did I just create an oxymoron ?? "Under surface" ?? Wow ... who do I contact ?? Will I get paid ??

Future Xmas card ??

The rest of my day was spent indoors, doing laundry, reading -- & once again -- being creative in the kitchen. This time, I made a big batch of cold pasta salad. [I was going to make chili, but decided not to go that way.]

Fixins

Note: The large red container is where I put the "cuttings" & kitchen scraps. Those items are then sent out to the compost pile when the container is full.

Note #2: The open, but covered, can of cat food is for other members of the house. Despite any potential comments to be posted by Bubba, this item is NOT a part of my recipe for past salad.

Finished ... & delicious !!

Hopefully, in the next few days, the snow, ice & resulting slush, will be just a memory. The extended forecast has temperatures well above freezing & no rain for several days.

With plenty to eat & books to be read, I am all set for what ever Mother Nature sends my way.

2 comments:

  1. You might as well be living in upstate NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you buy the (cheap) Wal-Mart brand of Radiatore? I still believe I see the cat food in the bowl..

    Now I know why I'm not skinny.

    Big Bubba

    ReplyDelete