Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I.B. BUBBA ?????

From my perspective, my friend Bubba has had a good life. He worked long & hard, gave of his time to his community, been a great Father & has been a good friend to many people, myself included. He & the Bubbette raised two children -- Deborah & Justin -- both of whom are Dentists. They have also become grandparents to three active -- repeat ... ACTIVE -- grandsons. It's a life I know Bubba is proud of. I hope he will have a healthy & happy -- as well as long -- retirement.

My life has been a lot different. I was married, very briefly, many years ago. While I have had a few serious relationships since then, only once or twice did I ever have even give consideration to getting married again. It's just is not my thing. Any woman who would have me for a husband, is not the kind of woman I would want for a wife.

As for children ... didn't want any. Didn't see the need. Never had the desire. Thankfully, no one has ever knocked on my door claiming we had the same DNA.

I like being on my own. I like to have a schedule for ME. Sharing my time ... my emotions ... opening up my life, well, it's not a good fit for me. I'm selfish. I know that & I've come to believe I am satisfied that this is the path my life is going to take till the end.

Around Christmas '08, Bubba sent me the picture of his whole family. I have it in a frame on the shelf over my main writing desk.

I often look at the picture & think of my friend & his family. I know the love they all share & how well they have each treated me.

When I look at the photo, I have many thoughts & feelings. Words I want to express, which come from down deep in me, waiting to cry out:

RED SUSPENDERS !!!! ????


When I first got this photo I went off on Bubba. [There's nothing I like better than mocking Bubba. It's something -- as a good friend -- I am REQUIRED to do.] When attacking Bubba, I like to do it via e-mail & copy a bunch of our friends. These people are known as co-conspirators.

Oh course, in reply, Bubba back peddled & tried to make up some story about buying the suspenders on a trip somewhere in the mid-West. Kind of like buying hand-made goods from the Amish.

The picture doesn't show real well the hat Bubba is wearing. Darn it. I know there is a "story" for that as well. I need to find out about that hat one day. Then, let the critiquing/mocking/belittling begin anew.

Well, since I'll never have a wife & family like Bubba. Since I'll never move back to Tennessee & be closer to them. Since I'll never do those things, the ONE THING I can do is ----


GET MY OWN SUSPENDERS !!!!!



Now in at least one way, I'm just like Bubba. The pants aren't slipping down & if I add a belt to the jeans & suspenders, I can be "dressed up all fancy" & can go to Wal*Mart on Sundays.

NOTE: I realize this admission of guilt [the suspenders] leaves me open to "attack" from Bubba. That's okay. Fair is fair.

But for the record, I had a need for them. See, I lost weight. The jeans -- well, all pants for that matter -- don't
fit any more. Working in the yard, bending over, the pants slip down, loosen my T-shirt & cause my under ware to slip down. [Also for the record -- briefs.] I end up having to continually keep "adjusting".

So, my "Bubba Suspenders" work just great. No more stopping to tuck in my shirt & pull up my shorts. Working in the yard is easier & more comfortable. Sooooo much better.

Now ... I need to find out about that hat Bubba is wearing in the picture. After mocking Bubba about it, I may need to get one too.

2 comments:

  1. You just aint right...Bubba.

    I bought the go-to-hell cap in San Antonio and the suspendaers "on-line". Man, I've got to get rid of that chin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep wearing that hat ... and suspenders...and you WILL be photographed at WalMart! (But get some purdier ones!)

    ReplyDelete