Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

THE BANANA MAN

The bananas I bought the other day have proven to be quite tasty. Just the right firmness & texture as an additive to my morning cereal.

If & when bananas get "soft" in my kitchen -- not very often -- I feed them to my tortoises. It's a treat for them & they go after the plate of bananas with speed & gusto ... for tortoises that is.

While I have kept turtles as a hobby for most of my life, [the first one when I was about five years old] it's only in the past few years I have added tortoises to my collection. I think I have done rather well with them; meeting their captive needs & having them grow larger & gain weight.

RED FOOTED TORTOISE




BLACK MOUNTAIN TORTOISE

With the description of the role of bananas in my home & life, it dawned on me when writing these few paragraphs, of a different role for bananas, many, many years ago -- more than 50 years back in time. I refer to: THE BANANA MAN.

I guess all it takes it a faint memory ... a wisp in the mind ... AND GOOGLE ... to "find" those memories & bring them to the present: Two American treasures -- Captain Kangaroo & THE BANANA MAN.

[Okay ... I know it's a corny & stupid video, just like I was (& most reading this) as a kid. But there were simple pleasures, in a more simpler time. It's fun to remember those times & recall what we enjoyed then ... & maybe now.]

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about turtles, but these look impressive. Are they friendly or are you apt to get a finger bit off if you get near them?

    ReplyDelete