Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, October 26, 2009

THE WOBBLER

THE WOBBLER -- AKA "Wobs" -- is the youngest of the three cats living with me.  Her mother is Precious, the gray tabby cat I have written about previously.  Wobs was born in the second batch of kittens Precious presented me with.  Her older sister (stepsister ??) is Nibblets.  Both her & Wobs are tortoiseshell cats.

Wobs gained her name from the unpleasant event which occurred early in her life.  She was on the front porch with her five siblings one morning, when I noticed her head slowly shaking from side to side, as Wobs seemed to be walking in circles, in a very unbalanced mode.  Not normal in any kitten way.

Off to the Veterinarian we went.  While a bit under weight from being the runt of the litter, the Doctor concluded the kittens vital signs were good, but perhaps Wobs had some damage to her cranium [brain] & would most probably go through life as a ... "special kitty".

Well, THE WOBBLER  is a special cat for sure.  She is my baby & the one I hold most dear to my heart.  There is nothing wrong with Wobs that TLC & extra care did not cure.  She "talks" to me far more than the other two, & takes it as a personal challenge if another of the cats is in my lap when she wants to snuggle there.  She moves them out & takes over.

Wobs has developed into a strong, resilient cat.  It takes an effort on my part to get her into her carrier when a vet visit is in the offering.  As Wobs sleeps with me most nights, she can be a load to move in the night if she has secured her position in the middle of the bed.

Wob's "duties" include helping me with the computer -- sitting in front of it, or in my lap -- as well as taking up residence in the middle of the desk when I am sitting there. Any pens & pen caps become play items & later have to be salvaged from the floor where they end up.


While friendly with me & her "relatives", Wobs does not care for visitors to the house or property.  She will hide, or remain well away from any "newcomers".  It took two visits up from Florida by my Mother for Wobs to begin to accept Hilda. 

While all three cats bring me great joy, THE WOBBLER is truly my SPECIAL KITTY.



1 comment:

  1. looks like someone punched the cat in the nose. that thing looks mean. Kenny

    ReplyDelete