Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CATS



How did this happen ?? How did I get involved with THREE cats ?? I'm a dog person !!

There have been a few cats I have crossed paths with in the past. That was many years ago.

I have had a few dogs. Family dogs. Mom was the one who usually fed them. The last dog was named Jinx. That was in my high school days. A neighbor down the road shot & killed Jinx when the dog would not leave his sheep alone. [He only had one.]

In Arkansas, I have always had "neighbor dogs". I socialized with & fed the dogs, but they belonged to someone. The last dog to meet the criteria was Sassy. She was the best. But the "real owners" moved & so did Sassy.

Then ... Precious arrived. A gray, tabby kitten which was "owned" by the neighbors grandchild. Like the dogs before her, Precious hung around, getting fed & having attention paid to her.

But ... I am not a cat person, so it's not like anything was going to come of it. RIGHT !!

Cut to the present. A fat Precious is sleeping in "her chair" at the desk as I write this. Two of her kittens -- from two different litters -- Nibblets & THE WOBBLER, are currently outside. [They'll let me know when they want in & what food they want, along with any other ... ah ... "instructions".]

Cats are different. I'm finding that out. In the begining, I had to ... well ... "adjust". Precious just kept coming around & getting closer to me. Or ... making me get closer to her. She had to teach me. Cats give differnt "signals" than dogs do. [Example: They don't wag their tails, but instead extend their tails straight up in the air to say "Hi".]

So ... now I have a cat. Then two. Now three. They each have their own personality ... their own ways of expression & seperate ways of communicating with me. It's been quite a trip & to my surprise, very enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment