Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Friday, October 9, 2009

BUILD AN ARK ??


We got rain today. We got ... A LOT OF RAIN TODAY.

It was expected. It's been in the weather forecast all week. We got several inches of the wet stuff, accompanied by some thunder & lightning. I am sure the newspaper tomorrow morning will have pictures & an article with the details of how much rain we received. IT WAS A LOT.

The heading picture was taken in the area beyond my house ... my "back yard". Normally the creek has minimal water in it at best & is dry in the Summer. Not today. It is full & flowing.

Another "not normal" event today, was that I had a doctors appointment at 8:30 this morning ... in WEST Little Rock. No hanging around the house this morning, reading & listening to the rain on the roof. I had to leave home at 7:30 A.M. -- right as the storm was at it's frog-strangling worst !!! Now add driving in Arkansas traffic, on the Interstate, in morning rush-hour traffic & I was not a happy camper.

NOTE TO ARKANSAS DRIVERS: I know you won't ... but would some of you TRY to drive in the rain ... WITH THE CAR HEADLIGHTS ON !!??

While at the doctors, the rain never let up. Leaving the office, I had to drive through an old KMart parking lot, flooded with water. I was a poster boy for the news highlights showing people driving in high water -- "Turn around ... Don't drown". [Ah, the saving advantages of a high-riding, four-wheeled-drive truck.]

Coming home, I had to face Interstate 440 again. The rush-hour traffic had ended, but cars in the rain were now replaced by all the truckers who had to be in Chattanooga, Tennessee by 4 P.M. today. SLOW DOWN.

I think I'll just stay home for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment