Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, October 5, 2009

THE FIRST ONE


What to do on a damp, cool Fall day ?? Why ... start a BLOG !!!

Welcome to everyone joining me out here in cyber space. I figured it was time to do a bit more with my computer than just read e-mails & visit web sites. So ... here we go.

I don't have a set description of what this & future posts will be about, or contain. Probably just things about my life to share with more than just my usual e-mail buddies.

My life is simple, yet, unique. I live on four acres of land, just east of Little Rock, Arkansas. [Yes ... east, despite having an address in north Little Rock.] I have three cats -- Precious, Nibblets & THE WOBBLER -- along with dozens of turtles, geckos, tropical plants & lots of big bamboo. I love to read & have thousands of books & publications in my library. I have added to the landscaping of my property each year & enjoy cutting the grass on my John Deere. As they say -- "Life is good".

While I don't really like the word "retired", saying I am not working makes it seem as if I was looking for a job. I'm not. [Although, if that much desired "greeter" job at Wal*Mart opens up, I may have to think long & hard.] After working 33-plus years for Maybelline & another two & a half years for Caboodles Cosmetics, let me just claim to be at leisure for the time being.

A current activity -- & for the past year -- is preparing for the 5K ,Meowathon, in Memphis on Saturday, November 21, 2009. The race sponsors the House of Mews in Memphis, a facility dedicated to helping abandoned & homeless cats & kittens. [Visit them at: http://www.houseofmews.com/.] I have been running/exercising most every day. This will be the third time to partake in the Meowathon & I hope to better my 5K race time again, as I have done in prior years.

Well, that concludes my initial offering on Bill's Big Bamboo. My mother cat -- Precious -- has now joined me & is curled up on my lap. With her size -- let me classify that as "large" -- I am typing from further away from my desk & computer. Makes it a bit difficult.

I'll close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment