Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

LEAN TO THE LEFT ... LEAN TO THE RIGHT

In both August & early September, I had my lawn tractor picked up by the John Deere dealer in England, Arkansas. The first trip was for some major items -- new blades, cutting deck belts, battery, lube /oil change, etc. -- that seem to need attention ... "suddenly".

The second trip was for an over-heating issue, for which I am still not sure has been adjusted/corrected.

Yesterday in the mail, I got the invoice for both visits. I had expected the billing in October, but I was told the invoice was being "adjusted" (downward) when I called to inquire about it last month.

Gee, I got to keep my money for another month. How fortuitous.

This morning, it was time to do the nasty & write the check for the invoice. No problem, money wise. It's just that there were ... "other issues".

Not much longer than I got situated at my desk, then Precious arrived to stake her claim to the middle (writing area) of the desk. Usually it is THE WOBBLER who likes to "help" me with letter writing, bill paying & other duties at/on my desk.

Speak of the devil. Wobs jumped up on the desk & carved out a spot for herself. Now I had a "two-fer".

Leaning to & fro, I used a corner of the desk to finish writing the check for my mower service. That's "my spot" in the lower right hand corner of the above photo.

Before the next desk project -- writing a letter to Hilda -- I decided to move over to the computer desk to gain some room & make my writing a bit easier.

Well, as the saying goes: "Great minds think alike". Wobs just picked her butt up & moved over to the other desk & deposited herself flat on my writing paper.

Some words from a basketball cheer I remember from my days at Honeoye Central School came to mind at a time like this:

Lean to the left ... Lean to the right,

Stand up ... Sit down,

Fight, team, fight

When working at my desk in the morning, I often have to ... lean left & right.

5 comments:

  1. When I work at the desk, they are on it.

    When I am on the computer, one is in my lap, as Precious was when I wrote that last post.

    Now -- in real time -- I have Wobs sitting next to me, waiting for my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my cat Spock likes to wake me up around 3:30pm everyday. He will jump on my chest and paw it until I start petting him. Later he will hop in my lap if I'm eating Honey-Nut Cheerios and demand I let him lick the bowl. Any other cereal and he doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no sleeping late in my bed either ... unless Wobs -- who is my nightly companion -- had a tiring day. If Wobs isn't up on schedule, then Nibblets will come in the bedroom & fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying out the comments - can't let Bubba get one up on me! This looks better.

    ReplyDelete