Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I CAN'T BELIEVE ...

On a regular basis, my day begins much earlier in the morning than .... ah ... "normal" people. I am usually out of bed by 4 A.M., even on weekends. If I am not out of bed by, say, 5 A.M., well, then I have slept "late".

As I am waking up each morning -- at least during the weekdays -- I usually watch the half-hour, 3 A.M. news show on NBC New York Channel 4, or, the same broadcast on MSNBC at 4 A.M. Sometimes both.

After I am up, there are several routines I follow ... each day. As noted ... they are ROUTINES. These include tending to the cats, fixing a cup of coffee & making the bed. [I will not let the bed go unmade. Ick !!]

I always spend 30-60 minutes on the computer. It's another form of getting my "news"; what is happening in the world, be it from the major Internet sources, or sites I follow dedicated to specific topics. I also have to check out my favorite newspaper comics ... which I now get on-line.

In that "routine" this A.M., two things caught my eye & captured the early start-up of my brain today. They got me to thinking a bit.

I thought -- as ... "a blogger" -- the Blondie cartoon was topical & humorous. I do "follow" several blogs daily & there are quite a few others I "sample" as I find them. I chuckle at many blogs -- as the above cartoon implies -- at the self-importance many blogs possess. I hope I am not guilty of same.

One blog I "review" had an interesting post today tittled: "Things I Love". Some nice, clear, personal thoughts which got me thinking on a slightly different tangent.

Mind games in my brain have been kicking around a slightly different bent & I decided to "share" some.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE ..."

... some people spent personal fortunes in the elections last week trying to get elected. There is something not quite right -- at least to me, & thankfully to a majority of voters -- about spending over a HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS of their own money to be elected to a job paying slightly over $200,000 a year. It's mind boggling.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE ..."

... in the same mid-term election, I voted for a REPUBLICAN candidate [who won]. Let's just say I am enforcing my own "term limits", even for Democrats. THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT !!!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE ..."

... people believe "Reality Television" is REAL. There are so many TV shows now marketed as "reality" & the people on these shows, marketed as "stars". What a joke !! Trash that is televised as "entertainment".

I watched several episodes of "Jersey Shore". Never have a bunch of morons been so self-promoting. There is no way it can be "real" with cameras & microphones following them. It's fake.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE ..."

... it took this long to fire Wade Phillips of the Dallas Cowboys. That guy always seemed like a round peg in a square hole, especially with Jerry Jones as his boss.

[NOTE: I should add a disclaimer to this thought. I HATE THE COWBOYS. I "hate" Tony Romo, Jerry Jones, & ANYTHING having to do with "America's Team". I LOVE any team playing the Cowboys. And this year-- with the Cowboys record -- I'm having a lot of lovin !!!!]

"I CAN'T BELIEVE ..."

... it's not butter.

7 comments:

  1. "I Can't Believe" that you STILL go to bed so early and "get up" so early. Now, in my life, I get to "hear" my wife leave for work and sleep for another hour...my benefit of retirement.

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to get up very early, especially after my daughter started demanding I watch cartoons with her. Now it harder since I work third shift. I try and keep a normal schedule during the weekend when I'm home with the family but early for me now is around 8:00am.

    Yeah, I hate the Cowboys as well. I'm a Tampa Bay fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now ... with my 4:25 A.M. responce:

    The weird thing is, as a kid, my favorite team was the Cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Wade. He was the Bills Coach, too.
    FRANJOLEON TRAF

    ReplyDelete
  5. M.J. --

    Wade signed a new contract last year. He's going to get paid for doing nothing ... just as he did all this season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You voted for a REPUBLICAN? Have aliens taken over? Usually I vote for Republicans, but this time I even voted for a couple of Libertarians. CRAZY!

    I live in Texas. Leave those Cowboys alone. Or else. P.S. I don't watch football.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU live in South Texas. Shouldn't you be favoring the Houston Texans football team ??

    As for voting, I believe in "term limits" for elected officals & therefore will vote for ANY party.

    ReplyDelete