Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, August 2, 2010

LINDSAY & ME ??

The news early this A.M. featured a story on Lindsay Lohan getting out of jail. She had been sentenced to 90 days in jail, but was only there about two weeks before they released her. Say hello to California justice.

Lindsay Lohan is in the news a lot, mostly for her night club visits, appearances at various functions & being photographed in an intoxicated state, with or without her underware on. What would the tabloid magazines & TMZ do without her ??

From what I gather, Lindsay went from jail directly to a rehab facility at UCLA in Los Angeles. There she will be in a program for alcohol & drug addiction.

Lindsey will be in the in the program for the full 90 days. Full term this time. No early release like jail. Rehab can be a bitch.

Maybe I need to check into rehab for MY ADDICTION. I don't seem to have much control over my vice, so I doubt I can over come it on my own. There must be some facility or medical unit that can help me gain control.

The first step is to face my addiction & admit I am addicted. So here goes:

I'M ADDICTED TO COLORFUL PENS, PAPER & ENVELOPES !!

I love color, no doubt from my early artistic education & career. Where I once dealt in paint & canvas, now days it is writing & artist pens ... vast reams of colorful paper ... along with brightly colored envelopes. [The only mail outbound in plain WHITE envelopes would be payments in provided envelopes.]

When I go to Memphis, I always stop at Art Center Supply on Union Avenue. I do damage every time I go there. I may buy three or four pens of the same color . Doesn't matter. Got to have them.

In the Little Rock area, I'm a regular at Office Depot & at Michael's. Whether it's highlighters, or new notebooks & sketch pads, anything new or different, along with a different color or new size; I'm at the checkout counter with my Visa card.

This is the closet in my home office. It's getting full. Lots of paper & envelopes, along with notebooks & sketch pads. When I need something ... "just right"-- be it color or size ... I'm sure to have it. No running to the store. [I've got more inventory then a lot of places.]

I had to add an additional shelf to the closet. I may have to add more.

When it comes to pens, writing instruments & any color marker or highlighter pen, I've got those too. Hundreds. Maybe in quadruple digits. [More than I can count & too embarrassed to add a photo of them ... for now. Those may be the subject of a future post.]

I don't know what kind of "help" Lindsey Lohan will be getting for her 90 days of therapy. For me ... I need to be able to somehow cut back on my spending & acquisitions ... or ... buy a bigger house. Maybe, just the addition of an extra room.

Lindsey should have it so easy.

3 comments:

  1. You are sick. Just sick.

    What do you do with it all? Do you draw? Do you have sketches of the cats you haven't shown us? With all those supplies, we want to see results!

    Good organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time you go out of town, I think your cats should have a scrap book party and invite their friends over for a good time. It's a great closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answers ... sort of:

    There are sketch books & scrapbooks. Far less drawings than in the past, due to the joints in my hand/wrist starting to show/feel their age.

    The cats LOVE any access to a closet when the door is open. The closet in question has a small bag on the handles to keep the closet closed, since the latch does not seem to "hold". Many mornings I wake up to find the closet door has been "jimmied" & the door open, indicating "someone/something" had been inside during the night.

    ReplyDelete