Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

ROYALTY

"Wemus" -- my twin sister -- is having a birthday tomorrow. My birthday is in April.

While not related by blood, I always said Wemus & me were "Twin brother & sister of different parents". Now I guess I will have to start adding, "... with different birthdays". Admittedly, there is -- some -- difference in our ages.

Wemus has been my close friend for -- here we go again -- ah ... let's just say ... a few years. When we are together, great minds DO think alike. Like twins.

This past week, Wemus was again with royalty, when First Bank, in Paris, Tennessee helped promote pro wrestling matches as a fund raiser in that city. "The King" of pro wrestling was in the main event.

Jerry "The King" Lawler, with my twin, Wemus (left).

When I wrote "again with royalty", it is because only a few people know that I am in fact ... a PRINCE !! While Jerry Lawler is a self-proclaimed, "king", my title is a heritage through BLOOD.

I don't go around calling myself "Prince William". There's another one of those, one day to be the King of England. I'm only HALF British, so he's got that "full blooded" thing going for him.

To explain:

My Mother was a "World War II Bride". My Father met & married her over in England during the war. I was born in Rochester, New York, a few years later.

After the war, things were kind of like they are now: no jobs & a lousy economy. War is always a stimulator for business. Without war, things go kaput.

Our family traveled to California -- think ... Grapes of Wrath -- where my Grandparents on Dad's side lived. Things were not much better for our family out there.

We lived in a trailer. Not a "mobile home". A TRAILER. Think, small Air-Stream. I've got pictures to prove it.

As the story goes -- I was about two years old, maybe a bit less -- Mom went with friends to a show called "Queen For A Day". It was on radio & television for years.

Somehow, Mom got on the show & the audience voted her sad story -- she wanted a new hot H2O heater for that trailer, as the one in it had open flames & thus too dangerous for a young, learning-to-walk, baby -- as the winner. Thus, my Mother, was (actually) crowned: Queen Hilda ... Queen For A Day !!

[This may have been the advent of "Reality TV".]

NOTE: There was an actual 78 RPM record of the show, which we had & I once heard. What a hoot. Sadly, my Aunt in England had the record, but she died & the record seems to have gone with her.

My Mother got all sorts of gifts, including the "safe H2O heater", & her & Dad were flown to North Carolina to preside over the Azalea Festival . Guess who got left behind in California ??

Well, since my Mother was OFFICIALLY a Queen ... that made me a Prince !! And even if her title was "For A Day", no one put any disclaimer on MY title. I am still ... PRINCE WILLIAM.

Now a true Prince must have a throne. It just so happens I have had a new one installed in my house, more than suitable for my "Royalness".

It's a Kholer ... 17 inches high.

Now... that's a "throne" ... fit for a Prince.

Peasants !!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (again) to Weemsu!

    Prince...Jerry Lawler is as old as you and I. Looking at his face, it is easy to tell that it has been stretched, pulled, tucked and sewn. Just think what it might do for us.

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to keep it clean with the lid up....good water source for the cats.

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete