Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GREEN ... "PROOF"

The terrible hot weather happening in central Arkansas seems to be letting up.

After an "official" high temperature yesterday of 107 degrees -- the high temperature at my home was 102 degrees -- it cooled down today to an "official" 104 degrees.

I could feel the difference here as well today, as it only made it to 100 on my thermometer.

I'm still hauling water & running garden hoses, trying to keep many of the trees on my property watered & prevent their dying from the heat & dryness.

We may get some rain tomorrow and/or Friday. That's the forecast. But then, it is for "scattered showers" & only a 40% chance of those occurring.

With the heat & no rain, very little grass is growing. At least I'm saving time & money; no grass to cut & no additional gas tank to fill. [I paid $2.60 a gallon to fill only my truck today. No gas can went with me.]

There is one part of the yard where the grass is not brown & dried. I may still have get out the mower to cut that area this week.

The land directly South of the house has growing, green grass. Since other parts of that area of my property have either brown spots, or the grass has stopped growing, the grass in this area really stands out as needing to be cut.

It's the area where the septic tank is located & the "strips" of green grass are the leach beds buried in the ground. This part of the yard gets plenty of water & ... ah ... "fertilizer" ... to keep the grass growing & thriving, despite the rough weather conditions.

That old saying is true: "The grass is always greener over the septic tank". My yard is proof.

1 comment: