Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

NON-HIRED HELP

Last month, one weekend, I was feeling poorly -- chills & fever -- & spent most of Saturday & Sunday in bed, &/or, on the couch. At least World Cup games were on TV.

I had planned several things for the weekend I wanted to do in the yard, since on prior days I had done the "necessary jobs" of cutting grass & getting the fence line trimmed. Along with feeling under the weather, there was also now the feeling of helplessness at not being able to follow through on my plans for the weekend.

Adding to the depression, was my questioning my future with this home & property. As I got older, would my health & physical abilities allow me to manage the four acres, the house & my animal collection, as well as meet my own daily needs ??

I started revisiting in my brain the thought of moving & reducing my work load & responsibilities. Maybe it was time to be thinking about moving to Florida & have my own palm trees. Maybe it was time to get married & have a young wife with a job to help me. [Remember ... I had fever !!]

I thought of maybe moving back to Tennessee. My friend Bubba -- who has a birthday today & claims to be younger than me (another fear of mine: getting dementia like apparently Bubba has) -- lives in a nice home near the Tennessee River. That's a great area of the country to live. (Bubba also has that younger wife going for him ... "The Bubbette".)

But then ... I started feeling better.

I realized that many of my daily activities & projects have "help" & I am not alone in activities I enjoy & look forward to.

I always work at my desk each morning, doing paper work, writing checks/paying bills, etc. I also write my Mother in Florida each day. She likes to receive mail & know what is happening in my life.

At my desk, it seems I am never alone & have "volunteers" who offer -- without my needing to request -- their ... ah ... "help" ... for any activity at my desk or computer.

This A.M., both Precious & THE WOBBLER (Wobs) were at their usual stations, just giving me their total help & effort, as shown above. You just can't buy this kind of dedication !!

When it comes to working on my blog & writing these posts, that same effort & diligence shines true from my "helpers" as I sit at the computer.

As a sincere form of dedication to the job, in this photo, Wobs waits for the moment her Mother tires of the effort being exerted laying in my lap, vacates same & Wobs will take over the position from Precious. [Actually, Wobs will often step on Precious a few times, alerting Momma Kitty that Wobs feels ... "it's my turn to lay in the lap".]

I guess I'll stay here & live here a bit longer. I can handle the work load. After all, I've got some great help.

NOTE: Wobs has been laying in my lap the whole time I have been writing this, forcing me to type this sitting "side saddle" in the chair. Such a great "helper".

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those fever thoughts are SCARY.

    Yep. You've got lots of help for sure. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that......yeah right. SUCK IT UP.....

    ReplyDelete