Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, July 26, 2010

THE BIG FOUR IN BAIT SHOP FOOD

Now days, I very seldom leave the house without a hat on. You know; hot sun & a receding hair line. It's part of the aging process. No sense adding heat stroke while outside in the yard working.

Hats, of course, go with driving a pick-up truck. It's part of the image & I've got to fit the part. I owe it to all the other hat wearing pick-up drivers I see on the road.

I have a lot of hats. There are hooks next to the kitchen where most of the "current" hats reside. I have even more hats, but they are stored in a large plastic box in the bedroom closet.

Selecting a hat to wear goes along with the "activity" I am about to do. The "yard work hats" are faded & sweat stained, no matter how many times they are washed.

Hats I wear when leaving home have to coordinate with whatever t-shirt or jacket I am wearing. I have to choose the right hat.

Also, no "doubles" ... such as a Jimmy Buffett t-shirt, with a Buffett hat. That's "Nerdville", not Margaritaville.

A lot of hats I have were given to me as gifts. In fact, I got a new hat today in the mail -- along with a t-shirt -- from my good friend, Bubba.

It looks like Bubba, or someone in Bubba's family, started a new business. Along with "Bait & Tackle", they're selling "Sodas, Beer & Snacks". That's three of the "Big Four" when it comes to food at bait shops.

I don't think it's Bubba's venture. I think someone had some custom t-shits made, like they sell in the SIGNALS catalog.

If it was a "real" business, Bubba would be selling "Fried Chicken" as well. Not only do I know Bubba loves fried chicken, but that would make it the "Big Four" of bait shop food.

6 comments:

  1. Chuckle -- I always knew there was a reason for so many hats!!!! Thanks for sharing. (((((smile)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hat etiquette - very important. Especially the no "doubles" rule.

    How are the girls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey --
    The "little darlings" -- Yeah, RIGHT !!! -- are all in the house right now, due to storms/thunder/but, not much rain ... yet.
    Today's post was co-authored by (first) Momma Kitty in my lap & (second) Wobs, who took over when Momma moved. It's hard to type "side-saddle" with a cat in my lap.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are excellent helpers. My cat doesn't like a lap unless it's really big. Wants to feel secure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill - This has nothing to do with your post, but someone sent me this Youtube link and I just had to share it with you. Have you seen this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK9Xj7eY0UU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Wendy.
    As a matter of fact, I received the URL earlier today, also from someone in Memphis. The video is moving Westward.
    For the record & for anyone who cares, it's a pair of African Leopard Tortoises. MATING !!
    The smaller tortoise is the Male & in his haste to show his affection to the larger female, has apparently knocked her over on to her side.
    Being noble & valiant, the male has turned her upright & is shown returning to ... "the task at hand" ... as the video ends.
    Thanks for sending it along & having it become part of my blog.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete