Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, July 5, 2010

KAT FURNITURE

Another day has passed & the three cats have continued to ignore the 50%-saving-half-priced "Kat Kondo" in the living room. I keep telling myself they will use it eventually. They are just taking their time about climbing up on it.

Maybe the three thugs have something against "Cat Furniture". They certainly have had their way with the living room "People Furniture", especially my fancy LEATHER couch. The cats have given it a nice, worn, "aged" look. The couch is now "vintage".

The cats love of "People Furniture" is most telling when it comes to the chest of drawers in my bed room. All I have to do is make a move towards the chest & if Precious is within sight, she'll come running. She loves to look into the drawers & tries to crawl into them if possible.

The above is an example of my leaving the bed room, with one of the drawers open. Looks innocent enough. I was only gone out of the room a minute or two.

But, I know better than to close the drawer without checking the nose count in the house. One ... two ... oops. Someone is missing.

Precious had once again crawled up/over the back of the drawer & into the back of the dresser. It's similar to her adventures in the past with the kitchen drawer. At least I was able to help her out here by removing the drawer. Not that she jumped right out. No ... she had to sit there & evaluate her position.

The thought occurs to me to switch out the "Kat Kondo" with the chest of drawers. Put the "People Furniture" in the living room. The cats seem to like my stuff better than theirs.

I'll just have to change clothes in the living room.

10 comments:

  1. Do they like catnip? If so, try rubbing some into the carpeting on the Kat Kondo - maybe that will entice them to try it out.
    "Weiner"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a simple folk, they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday night, Nibblest got "interested" in the cat furniture, clawing at it, running around & though it & finally she rested in one of the "barrels" ... before attacking Precious, her Mother.

    Such respect for the cat who gave her life !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says "0 comments" but there are several. What's up with that? Almost had me tricked!
    "Weiner"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes "Blogger" takes a bit of time to update the # of comments. It's all part of the strange way the system will work at times.

    And ... Precious & Wobs were both investigating the "Kat Kondo" this A.M. Momma Kitty was in the top barrel, ready to jump on Wobs. They then both went racing trough the house, doing their "Krazy Kat" routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they are finally taking to it. Now you and the girls will probably have lots of fun with it.
    "Weiner"

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE WOBBLER crawlwd up into the lower barrel this afternoon for about an hour, looking out the window at the birds in the backyard.

    All three "Girls" are useing the scratching post aspects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I attend the Meowathon and my daughter is on this blog site. I live around Madison and Cooper not far from Mews. My daughter found the link to House of Mews somehow from your post. I am a veterinarian. How well you do not know cats they NEVER like that crap sold in pet shops. You were sucked in. My ex husband worked on the constuction of the Clinton Library and ended up marrying someone who worked at Maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UPDATE: Wobs really took over the "Kondo" last night, frustrating Nibblets, who was stuck below & could not get at Wobs, who had the advantage due to the height of the second "barrel" she was in.

    It was a lot of fun & enjoyment, watching wobs have "Hand".

    ReplyDelete