Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WHAT'S NEW ???

One of the things I find most interesting about my three cats is not only their ability to enjoy favorite places for relaxing/sleeping -- the end of my bed, the window in the library, my lap when I sit on the couch to read, are good examples --but also their curiosity & ability to recognize -- almost immediately -- any new item introduced into their home & territory.

Fun times are had with the cartons whenever FedEx makes a delivery.  All that is necessary is to place the carton somewhere in the house ... introduce a cat, or cats, into the area & watch them make a bee line for the box. They sniff around, look it all over & climb on & in the box. Each one takes a turn to satisfy themselves with the new item.

Of course, closet doors left open, or open drawers in any furniture, are noticed at once & explored.  On more than one occasion -- with no intended malice --I have closed up a cat in a closet for far longer than they had intented to inquire within it.

Anything "new" outdoors is also inspected & reviewed.  The above photo shows Precious -- my "Momma Kitty" -- on her tip toes, trying to determine what has been added to the top of the garbage can. [It's a bag of charcoal I put there temporarily while unloading my purchases from a shopping trip.]

NotePrecious attempted to jump up to the top for a closer look, but the plastic surface gave her no traction, nor a secured grip with her claws, -- they seem to work okay on my legs -- in order to pull herself up. She quickly came back to Earth & decided she was no long interested.

If they could speak English, I am sure the most often words used by "My Girls" would be:  "What's new ??"

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Stretching like that will keep her in good shape physically, and letting go mentally helps you BOTH! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl. Can't jump that far anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She makes it to the dinning room table -- where her bed is -- along with getting up on the couch, most of the time when I am laying there as well & become her cushion.

    ReplyDelete