Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GREEN & YELLOW TIME ... AGAIN

By the end of last week, the weather was finally cooperating for outdoor activities. The warming temperatures & the previous rain were having their effect on the weeds on my property, which I spend quite a bit of time each year cutting down to resemble a ... "lawn".

The, ah ... grass (weeds !!), was starting to need some attention & the nice weather, while not warm enough for my normal cutting attire -- shorts, flip flops & a ball cap ... (that's all folks) -- made it the right time to start this years mowing.

My mower had been returned from being serviced from the "new" John Deere dealer I tried this year. This being Arkansas, almost every semi-large city or town has a J.D. dealer. I was growing a bit dissatisfied with the dealer I was using in England, Arkansas, so I "switched" to the one in Maumelle, Arkansas. So far ... so good.

My property still has some areas needing serious attention in the form of leaves to be removed from the ground. Other places, I can start using the mower on the ... ah ... "grass". It's the same every year at this time, so really, I am "on schedule". Well, as long as the weather stay accommodating.

I like to get the front of my property cut & attended to first & maintain some sort of "curb appeal". Make that "single-lane, dead-end, country road appeal".

NOTE: The fine looking, in bloom, Bradford Pear trees across the road at the neighbors. This year -- & it's still not officially Spring yet -- has been a great year for showing the beauty of these trees as they begin another growing cycle.

While my mower was in the shop, I asked that the Service Manager & Sales Manager get together & give me a trade-in value for my J.D. Some people like to buy new cars. I like to buy new lawn mowers.

I take good care of my mower & wash it every time I cut with it. It may go into the storage building "dirty", but that will never be for more than one night. I even wax my mower. [I should treat my truck so good.]

Seems that my mower has a "value" of $4,500 now for a trade-in. I've been looking at the John Deere web site, at a newer/bigger model which has caught my attention. Keep that thought.

In the above photo, Precious is providing her "required" inspection of the mower. [Too bad she can't give me an estimate on it's value.] Many times, when I have washed & dried the mower, but before I have put it in storage, I'll find "paw prints" on the J.D., where Precious has made sure the mower was clean.

As the weather gets nicer & the grass begins to grow, the John Deere mower will be utilized each week, as it is once again ... Green & Yellow Time in Arkansas.

4 comments:

  1. We did a bit of yard work today cutting off the dead stuff from the freeze. Looking better already.

    The cat adds value to the mower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm voting for a new truck for you....a 15 year old Dodge Ram is getting a little long in the engine. Let's see..another new vehicle that you keep for 15 more years..yep, you'll be ready then for the "assisted living" home. Just sayin'

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to buy another lawnmower this year. In fact it will happen very soon since my weeds have started growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain: I'll sell you my mower for $5,000 & that includes the cat.

    ReplyDelete