Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BIRTHDAY GAL

They say the older you get, the more time seems to speed up -- along with events in it -- & life becomes more fleeting, as everything takes on a quicker pace, just as we find ourselves slowing down.

I don't know who "they" might be, or, even if there ever actually was a ... "they". I do know, in my life, as I approach my mid-60's, the days, weeks, months -- & yes, years -- have certainly ... "sped up".

In one of those moments in time, which really does seem so recent, but actually occurred FOUR YEARS AGO TODAY, my life was forever changed. In a good way.

On March 22nd, 2007, at 7 A.M., the neighbor's cat named Precious, started delivering a litter of kittens on my front porch. This was not really a surprise -- only the location was -- since her recently expanding belly was further poof of my belief that said neighbors had made little or no effort in providing even basic proper care for Precious, i.e., "getting her fixed".

Precious had been spending most of her time at my place, no doubt due to the attention & kindness I provided her. [Well, she may have also been partial to the brand of cat food I gave her.] It became apparent, I had a cat, which was rapidly depending on me to provide for her needs.

Long story short: Precious -- being not much more than a kitten herself -- produced several still-born kittens in a litter which was no-doubt doomed due to the mother's age, instincts at such a young age & a clueless attendant (me).

Now, here we are four years later, & Nibblets -- the only kitten in the litter to survive -- is one of my three cats, which includes her mother Precious & her step-sister, THE WOBBLER (Wobs).

It's been a (mostly) fun four years & Miss Nibs has grown into a wonderful companion animal who beings me joy, fun -- & surprises -- each day. I truly feel as if Nibblets -- along with the other two cats -- was "sent to me", to give my life a different meaning than I ever had before.

Happy Birthday, Nibs. I love you, baby girl !!

5 comments:

  1. It's wonderful you and the girls realize the gift you are to each other! Cause for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say the older you get, the more time seems to speed up...

    Yeah, I'm seeing that.

    Happy birthday to Nibs!
    Spock the Cat living here at my house has been a revelation in many ways, I truly believe cats are smarter than humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Cat. You're a lucky one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With three cats ... EVERYDAY is an interesting adventure. Sooooo much fun & enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bubbette and I, along with our cats Kate and Max, send our happy birthday wishes to Precious. Our cats bring us much joy also!

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete