Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Friday, April 1, 2011

BEEN THERE. DONE THAT.

Despite being the only human in the house, I have come to realize over the past few years that my "roommates", like me, have habits & mannerisms which tend to be repeated. Often there are "hints" that something is taking place not in the normal day-to-day realm & for me, these "warnings" need to be recogonized & adhered to.

Today was an example.

Having finished dressing after my afternoon shower, I -- briefly -- left the bedroom.  Upon my return something did not look quite right.  Something was missing. 

The open drawer to the dresser -- yes, it's the "underware drawer" -- looked ... "normal".  Still, it did not seem right.

Rather than push the drawer into the dresser, I removed it & sat it on the floor.

There was Precious -- who had been on the floor next to the dresser previously -- snuggled in the back space where the drawer had been open. 

I'm sure glad I did not try to close the drawer without checking first. But then, this has been one of her habits & it was not the first time she has crawled into the back of an open dresser drawer.

Been there.  Done that.

5 comments:

  1. Now all you need is someone to teach the old dog not to leave the drawer open in the first place!
    Just kidding. It's an adorable picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... it would be all about me.

    I do have to try to keep up with who is in the house & which ones are out side (they are in/out, especially in the A.M. hours) as well as who is following me arounnd the house & is under foot.

    They are my SPECIAL BABIES !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure glad I did not try to close the drawer without checking first.

    At least you checked, I accidentally sat on Spock the Cat a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He-he. She looks cute in there. Glad nobody got squished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three have had their share of "quality time" locked up in closets.

    ReplyDelete