Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

WHEN I'M 64 ...



THE BEATLES HAD IT (ALMOST) RIGHT ...

 
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now,
-- years ??  It's happening NOW !! --
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine?
-- Gosh, why did I stop drinking ?? --


If I'd been out till quarter to three
-- ME ??  3 A.M. ?? --
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
-- I'd love a pizza, or ice cream --
When I'm sixty-four?


oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo
You'll be older too, (ah ah ah ah ah)
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.
-- But, not for long.  Got to go feed the cats --


I could be handy mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
-- Call someone else --
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
-- Who are you ??  Hilda ?? --
Sunday mornings go for a ride.
-- Looking for turtles --


Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
-- I don't do weeds --
Who could ask for more?
-- How about a big LOTTO win ?? --
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?


Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
-- How about the Caribbean ?? --
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck, and Dave
-- Where did THEY come from ?? --


Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view.
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, Wasting Away.
-- It's the workouts & proper eating. Really --


Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

Not much time ... I'm 64, TODAY !!



My childhood "best bud" -- Dale -- who I've known longer than any non-relative, sent me a card recently that included an illustration of a Texas Horned Lizard. I framed it up as a reminder of the two lizards we had as children, which at the time were mis-named "Texas Horned TOADS".

So there you are ... 64, going on 34 !!

6 comments:

  1. "Happy, Happy Birthday, baby ....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billlllll!!!!!!! Happy Birthday.

    I've been in Texas now for 23 years and have never seen a "horny toad" even though when my husband was a kid they were everywhere. What happened to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to the "Horn toads" ?? I ask myself the same question about the Entropified blog !!

    As far as the toad/lizards ... several things:
    1] MAN -- Increased land developement & agriculture.
    2] NATURE (But, really, MAN, again) --The introduction of Fire Ants into the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song -- great YOU -- even at 64! Thanks for posting ALL your messages, and I wish you a very happy belated birthday. (Did you know that once you pass 50, you are supposed to celebrate your birthday for a MONTH? So, maybe I'm not too late, huh????)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well ... I know I'll "celebrate" 64 for a year.

    ReplyDelete