Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

GOODWILL & A GOOD LIFE

Tomorrow is house cleaning day. I have my place cleaned once a month.

Sandra -- the lady who does all the work -- has been cleaning for me almost the entire time I've lived here in Arkansas -- 14 years. She's trustworthy, does a great job & I would dread the day she would not want to come clean for me. I pay her well ... as an "incentive".

I'm pretty neat & certainly not a slob, but I just don't want to clean house. I don't mind doing laundry, changing the bed & running the vacuum every so often. I don't want to do the MAJOR cleaning ... like the kitchen & bathrooms, especially the floors. I'm not a big fan of dusting either.

Tomorrow will be "Xmas Bonus Day" for Sandra. I always give her a "double salary" at this time of year. It's because I appreciate her ... & of course, part of the "incentive" thing.

On cleaning day, I leave the house so Sandra can do her job without me being in the way. I always go to the Hays Center to work out & kill time. I also do some "retail activity", with damages usually being done at Barnes & Noble & Target.

Also on the schedule tomorrow is a trip to the Goodwill Store. I donate clothes each year. It cleans out my closet & gets me a deduction on my yearly taxes.

This past month I bought a new microwave oven. The old one -- which I have had for 20+ years -- is also going to Goodwill tomorrow. [Please ... no comments on the three knife blocks in the photo. There is actually a FOURTH block in the kitchen.]

I lay out the clothes I am going to donate on the bed. Everything I give is clean & in good condition.

I give away clothes I wore when I had a job. Now they just take up space in my closets.

The final step -- before putting the clothes in large trash bags -- is "the inspection". Wobs & Nibblets provide this service.

Then tomorrow: a hard work-out, donate the clothes, spend a little money & come home to a clean house.

Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. I usually get tasked with cleaning the master bathroom in my house. Its a pain but I have it down to about an hour, add thirty more minutes if I don't want to hear my wife nag about what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother is coming up from Florida for Xmas. I'll have to do some house cleaning before she arrives, since her visit will be between the "visits" Sandra makes.

    Cleaning cat vomit off the floor -- which I did a few minutes ago -- DOES NOT count as "cleaning".

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does it take Sandra to do the cleaning?

    What's with all the knives and blocks and stuff?

    I love my thrift stores. Always looking for vintage women's blazers/jackets for me, small clothes for the little boy, glassware, paintings and whatever else grabs me. BUT, I usually come home with nothing. I'm picky!

    I want someone to clean my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually gone about four hours each time Sandra cleans. So, less time than that for her to get the job done, since she is gone upon my return.

    Remember ... I am fairly neat. Other than the kitchen & baths, most of her work is dusting & vacuming.

    Knives are like my addiction to pens & paper. I like to have the CORRECT KNIFE when I need it.

    You have people to clean your house. They are called HUSBAND & KIDS.

    ReplyDelete