Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

MMM and M

"MMM&M" -- Mertle, Marty, Memphis & Meowathon.

It's hard to believe it is already three weeks today, since I was over in Memphis, Tennessee to run in this years MEOWATHON, 5K race.

The race, in support of The House of Mews, was a fun event, as I have written previously. The extra good "mews-news", is that over $32,000 was raised this year for this fine cat rescue/adoption agency.

One of the other highlights of the day in Memphis was having lunch at Mosa Asian Bistro with my friends Marty & Mertle. This is a couple I have known for over 30+ years, as Mertle & I worked together at Maybelline Cosmetics.

I often describe Mertle as ... "The sister I never had". [My parents had "perfection" when I was born, so there was no need for any other children in my family. At least, that's the way I look at it.]

It would probably not have been easy for anyone -- including Mertle -- to actually be MY sister. I would no doubt be a "pincher", or a brother providing "noogies".

Actually, as sweet & angelic as Mertle is, I bet it would be hard to pick on her as a sister.

Wait. This is ME. I am sorry to say I have hurt Mertle's feeling on more than one occasion as an ADULT. I surely -- "Don't call me Shirley" -- would have done so as a KID BROTHER.

So, having strong feelings for my "sister" & always a bit sad that now days I don't see her & Marty as often as I once did, it was good to have a long lunch -- with GREAT FOOD -- with them both, while I was once again in Memphis.

The above photo was taken at lunch on November 20th, 2010. I really like this picture Marty took, as it shows how happy me & Mertle both are to be together again. The joy shows on our faces.

Actually, Mertle is laughing at the fact, that with my arm around her, I just told her she felt "SOLID". [Got to love a woman who reacts like that.]

It was a good day ... for "MMM&M".

4 comments:

  1. I have a younger sister and with three older brothers she caught hell at times, but in fairness she could dish it right back. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through the years -- unfortunately -- there were a few too many times I pushed Sweet Little Merty to the breaking point & it was at such times that I founnd out Mertle knew -- & could use -- SWEAR WORDS !!

    That's when I knew I had gone over the limit & apologies from me were due ... PRONTO !!

    ReplyDelete