Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WRITING PARTNERS

Six P.M. is a good time for me to re-check the computer each day, especially now that the warm -- well, HOT -- days of Summer are with us .... even though it is still six days until Summer officially begins. It sure FEELS like Summer now.

Today the temperatures were in the mid-90's. With the humidity, it felt like 103 degrees. That's Summer time weather.

I was outside today from about 9 A.M. until I came inside to get a shower just past 3 P.M. As long as I start the day being outside, I can adjust to the increase in temperatures, adapt & enjoy the warm weather. But, if I am active INDOORS earlier in the day, cooled by air conditioning for an extended period in the A.M., I don't handle the transition to the heat outdoors too well. It's times like then when it does feel HOT !!

At this hour of the evening, I have had my dinner -- Yes, Bubba ... the "earlier bird special" -- read for awhile & watched the local & national network news shows. [Little known fact about me: The "local news" I watch most nights is NBC4 ... from New York City, although I do have Little Rock TV stations.]

Since I am all cleaned up, cooled down & settled in for the evening, it's not too often that I would go back outside in the (still) warm temperatures. I don't want, or need, to get sweaty & "moist" ... again. So, it's a good time of the day to check the computer, since it has been -- in most cases -- since early morning when I have last been on-line. This time of day -- six P.M. --can also be a good time to add a post to my blog, just as we are doing now.

Yes ... "we".

Sitting at the computer desk -- or either desk, I have two -- seems to automatically generate an internal invite to my youngest "girl" -- THE WOBBLER -- to come running, as if somehow, something is telling her ... "Hurry, the lap is available".

Wobs loves to sit in my lap while I type, often with me having crossed my right leg over the left, creating a cradle for her to stretch out in ... & causing me to type "semi-side saddle". She purrs away & "talks" to me in her special "cat language", no doubt, offering suggestions to my writing. She never interferes with my typing, other than to stretch & indicate the need for some occasional ear/head & back scratching.

My sweet Wobs. She is soooooo sweet, helpful & a definite writing partner. I do love her so much !!

2 comments:

  1. But I thought she was now kept in the aquarium!!! What was she doing out of her glass box and on your lap?? And... in that picture, I would love to see what plaid pants you had on to "match" your shirt. :)
    "Weiner"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Wobs.

    As for the heat. It used to be that Darryl could work out in it all day, but now he comes in around 1 or 2 and then goes back out around 3. It's brutal around here.

    ReplyDelete