Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, April 26, 2010

WHEN I'M 64 ...

I was never much into Elvis Presley's music as a kid. I did see him on TV -- The Ed Sullivan Show. I guess then, to me, Elvis was more of a ... "girls thing".

The first serious musical interest for me was the Beatles. They too were on Ed Sullivan's Sunday night program.

The Beatles DID make an impression on me. I guess they still do to this day. I sure have enough of their music on my iPod, all of which I transferred over from the Beatles CD's I have.

Up in the loft of my house, still in several boxes with the insignia of United Van Lines, is my collection of vinyl albums, including a duplicate collection of Beatles albums. I never unpacked them when I moved to Arkansas.

[And "yes", if I ever wanted to listen to music via a needle in a groove, I DO have a working turntable in my stereo system.]

One of the Beatles tunes is "When I'm 64". I'm close.

I had another birthday this past Friday. I was born in Rochester, New York on April 23rd, 1947. I'll be singing that Beatles tune ... next year.


One of the items I have from my ... "early years" -- I was five, or six years old -- is a hand print made in 1953. In school, our teacher had us press our hands in wet plaster of paris, & when it dried, paint the hand print.

I guess the teacher imprinted my name -- it says "Billy" in the upper left hand corner -- along with the year ... "1953". I know that was not my writing. But, that IS my paint job.

I hope I'll be able to compare hand sizes again, a year from now ... "When I'm 64".

2 comments:

  1. Thank your mother that your handprint survived :)

    And happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee! Are those "liver spots" on your hand? I heard that you get them when you turn 63..

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete