Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TEEF

I finally made it over to Memphis this morning to visit my dentist, Dr. Jerry Midyett. After the problems I had last week with my truck -- causing me to have to cancel my appointment at the very last minute -- I was actually glad to make the trip today. It bothered me to have to cancel last week & it has been on my mind since then.

I left home shortly after 7 A.M. I'd offered "options" to the cats: inside or out ?? All three ended up staying inside while I was gone. I made sure they had all the necessary food, H2O & clean "facilities" before I left.

The ride over was fairly easy. Sometimes traveling Interstate-40 can be a hassle, going either West or, in this case, East. I-40 is a busy, major route for semi-trailer trucks & the conditions on the highway can get quite crowded/hectic. Today it was fairly easy driving, with the "problem" being the sun directly in my eyes for the first hour of driving.

My appointment was for 10 A.M., with my teeth to be cleaned by Jennifer & then Dr. Midyett to address my broken tooth -- which from "experience", since I've had these teeth since I was a kid -- I was pretty sure I was looking to require a crown installed. I was correct.

Dr. Midyett & his assistant, Debra, worked in my mouth for about an hour. I guess it was about that long ... since I'm not really there. Yes, I was in the chair & my mouth propped open with the [REQUIRED !!] "bite block", but I had my Bose headphones on, plugged into my iPod, with music to drown out the sound of the drill grinding on teeth. I was also hooked up to the Nitrous Oxide gas & I had an abundance of Novocain shots. So ... I was there physically, but mentally, I was "floating" along.

Well, there were two things I could not avoid & were noticeable today -- the metallic taste in my mouth from the Novocain shots & the burning smell/taste of the tooth being grounded down by the drill. Added to the feeling of my feet circling somewhere up near my head & Jimmy Buffett singing about drinking & I was in some strange place, far removed from Margaritaville !!

I go back again in two weeks; to get the "permanent" crown installed & to have a small cavity filled. Hopefully that will be my last dentist/Memphis travels on Interstate-40 this year, at least until November & the annual Meowathon run.

Going to any dentist can never be described as "fun" or "enjoyable". Still, I make the 260 mile round trip visit to Dr. Midyett because he has been "in my mouth" for 30+ years, with Debra assisting for the last 21 years. I believe Jennifer has worked there at least 15 or more years. I trust in them all & feel I get the best possible heath/oral care from them, & all the while I am made to feel "comfortable" in any & all procedures.

There were several new faces today; the ladies at the front desk. As I introduced myself, they had no idea were I had dragged in from, as I was wearing my Dr. Bukk false "TEEF" -- narley, misshapen & protruding, badly-needing-the-whole-mouth-pulled TEEF. [They are probably still talking about the weird guy from Arkansas.]

I got back home about 3:30 P.M. "The Girls" showed me how glad they were to see me, after being in the house all day, by charging out the door, right past me & into the yard. Ingrates.

2 comments:

  1. I know I need to get to the dentist too. Have some pain in one tooth when I eat sweets. Boo to that.

    I think the last time I went I had a bridge put in (a baby tooth with no adult tooth under it had lasted as long as it could and had to be pulled.) I hate the bridge, it's a permanent one. Food always gets under there.

    Still have one more baby tooth left. I'm not letting it go until I absolutely have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Deb asked me why you aren't seeing your dentist TWICE'ST a year. What do I tell her?

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete