Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, March 8, 2010

IN IT ... TO WIN IT

I've never been a person who likes to gamble. I don't really understand people who get into trouble because they have an "addiction" to gambling. Losing money ?? Not my thing.

I have always been a materialistic person. I like to have the things my money buys ... be it clothes, books, turtles, etc. I want to hold/see what my money buys.

I've never been to Las Vegas. I've flown over it quite a few times. That's as close as I've come to going there -- a pilot pointing out the Vegas lights "... to the right of the plane".

I'd like to go to Las Vegas sometime. I'd probably go to a show. Visit some of the big hotels. Check out some of the big food buffet's. But gamble my money ?? No thanks.

Here in Arkansas, there is horse racing in Hot Springs. It's not far from here. Just down Interstate 30. They have big crowds there in racing season & a lot of money gets wagered.

I went to the races one time, years ago, when I lived in Memphis. I was with a group of people from work. We rode a bus over & it was an all-day event. I took $20.00 to bet on the races, with the idea I would loose it. I did.

There is one form of gambling which I do. I am an active participant in the twice weekly Florida Lottery. No fancy lights & "one-armed-bandits". No black jack tables or thousands of people cheering horses & jockeys. Just match six numbered balls dropping out of 53.

I've been playing the "Lotto" in Florida for years. I fill out the form with the numbers I select & send that to my Mother. I include the payment, as well as "extra" money for Mom. It's my way of "gambling" & at the same time, providing Hilda with money to keep her ... "comfortable".

Every Wednesday & Saturday nights the Lotto drawings are held in Florida. Every Thursday & Sunday mornings I get on the web site to check the winning numbers.

Last week I correctly picked all six of the winning numbers, which was worth $17 million. Trouble was, the six numbers were not all on the same line to win the big prize.

I did have three numbers on the fourth [D] line, so it was a "winner" ... for $5.50.

No one correctly picked the six numbers, so the money was increased for the next Lotto drawing. That was Saturday night & again no one had all the six numbers selected. The Florida Lotto will be worth $21 million on Wednesday.

I'll keep playing the Lotto drawing & thus I will be "gambling".

Yes ... I'm losing money by playing, but I don't think I have an addiction. [But I guess that's what people think, that do.]

Still ... I've got to be in it ... to win it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't gamble either. And I've never even played our Texas lottery. My sister-in-law does play, and she assures us that she'll take care of us if she wins. Not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete