Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

GO WEST YOUNG MAN

I never made it. To the Dentist that is.

Oh, I got everything in order around the house this morning. All my little morning projects finished, including my daily letter to Mom. I was all packed & ready.

Two of the three cats were in the house when I left -- Nibblets, naturally, was outside -- as I made my planned departure time of 7:45 A.M.

Right off, leaving the driveway, I noticed the truck seemed a bit sluggish. I no sooner turned off my road, then the warning light on the dash illuminated -- CHECK ENGINE.

That's not something you really want to see at the start of a 300 mile round trip. I guess I failed to point out previously, my Dentist -- Dr. Midyett -- is in Memphis.

I drove a bit further, wondering to myself if the warning light was something I could ignore. Just then the truck gave several shutters. I turned the truck around & drove it home. I had only gone about a mile.

I made two phone calls when arriving home:
1] I called Memphis & canceled/rescheduled my dental appointment.
2] A quick call to my truck dealer advising them I was coming.

So, instead of heading East on Interstate 40 to Memphis, I was headed in the opposite direction; I-30 heading WEST, to Benton, Arkansas.

Four hours later, I was headed back home, this time going EAST on Interstate 30. My wallet was lighter by $670, but spark plugs, wires, rotor cap, intake & throttle body & a bunch of caskets were replaced, as well as a leaking thermostat fixed. I even got an oil change.

[POST EDIT, POST CHANGE: YES -- AS POINTED OUT IN COMMENTS I'VE RECEIVED -- "A BUNCH OF CASKETS" WOULD BE HEAVY & WOULD HAVE CAUSED/ADDED TO THE HESITATION I WAS EXPERIENCING WITH MY TRUCK. ALSO, IF OCCUPIED, THE "CASKETS" WOULD HAVE WEIGHTED EVEN MORE. MUCH BETTER TO GO WITH LIGHTER WEIGHT -- & CHEAPER -- "GASKETS" INSTEAD.]

Next week, when I again try to go to the Dentist in Memphis, my truck will be in tip-top shape for the trip. I hope my teeth will do as well while I am there.

3 comments:

  1. Wm, why did you have all the CASKETS replaced? Didn't know you were in the funeral business?

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad all the "caskets" were so easily replaced. Those things are HEAVY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's the YOUNG MAN?

    ReplyDelete