Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Friday, June 3, 2011

NO FREELOADERS

Wednesday morning, Mom returned to Florida, catching the 6 A.M. flight to Atlanta & then connecting on a flight to Orlando.  A friend of hers met her in Orlando & Mom was back at her home in Wildwood by one P.M.

I always enjoy having Hilda visit.  We don't see each other too often & the time passes quickly while she is here. 

Mom was surprised this time by the reception she received from my cats.  In the past, my youngest -- Wobs -- has been quite leery of Hilda & Wobs would always stay a distance from Mom.  This visit was a 180 degree change by Wobs, who sought out Hilda many times, "speaking" to Mom & being very friendly to Mom at all times.  The reactions & reception surprised me too.

Of course, my home & property is a busy place at all times & all visitors & those in residence have to put forth effort to help with the maintenance of the grounds & house.  All have to ... "pay their way". It may be a "mini vacation" for Mom & me, but things need to get done.

Hilda enjoys working in the yard, so that was her "assignment" while she was here. She was given a crew of "helpers", along with a rake & a wheelbarrow to help clean up debris from the recent storms.

Above ... Mom has gathered up a full load of sticks, leaves & leaf clusters.  Her assigned "helper" -- Precious -- provides her bulk to tamper down the wheelbarrow contents, to make more room in the cart.

With the cart about to gain capacity, "supervisor" Wobs arrives on the scene to be sure the cart load is sufficient & meets the desired fullness before I take the wheelbarrow contents to the fire pit to burn.

We all contributed to the yard work.  There are no freeloaders here !!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a mad wife right now because I blow off the yard work this weekend. Yeah, she called me a "freeloader" among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a nominal fee, I can send Hilda up from Florida to help with the yard work. She loves it.

    It will cost a lot more for the cats !!!

    ReplyDelete