Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE

Maybe it's time to start drinking again.  Alcohol has a way of clouding the brain & making the realities of the world a bit easier to comprehend, even if such clarity is in itself a falsehood.

I stopped drinking several years ago ... mostly as a result of my last hospital stay.  It was time for a change in lifestyle as well.  Too many foggy nights & slow-moving mornings were wasting my life.

Lately, I've been thinking it may be time to see if that last bottle of booze is still on the floor in the back of the pantry. Never opened. Never given away.

What's causing me to rethink my attitude towards the fermented grains ?? It's simple: CATS.

The three idiots sharing my life will drive me to drink. Just when I think I have them figured out, they throw me a curve ball.  Here is an example --

On a trip to Sam's Club, I picked up an empty box at the check out line to transport my purchases home.

Once home & the box emptied, the box became a point of interest for all three cats, but especially Precious, who investigated the empty box & quickly moved in. The box -- now sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace -- became a frequent resting/napping place for Precious.

On a subsequent shopping trip -- this time to WalMart, as I keep sending my $$ to Bentonville -- I bought a "Kat Kozzy" to replace -- & "upgrade" -- the corrugated box, which I removed to the porch, to be discarded.

Well, Precious inspected the new "bed" & promptly turned up her nose at the new, plush accommodations & walked away ... just as my $15.00 seemed to have "walked away" at WalMart.

And where did Precious go to ??  Right out on to the porch & up into her old box.

I can never figure out these cats.  Just when I think I know their actions & habits, they change everything.

Maybe I need to start drinking again in order to deal with these idiots. 

After all ... it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Its been 5 o'clock for most of the day for me, I'm about to fall over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacations -- even mini ones -- will do that to a fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. Take back that other one and get your money.

    Yep, there's no figuring cats. :)

    ReplyDelete