Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

BIGGER, BADDER, BIRTHDAY SNAKE

The last time I posted a photo of my friend "Doctor Lamar" -- who lives in Tyler, Texas -- it was a picture of him handling a VERY LARGE Bushmaster Snake, while on one of his frequent trips to South America. Not only was the snake VERY LARGE ... it was also VERY POISONOUS !!

Well, time to include a more recent photo -- taken last week -- of him with another VERY LARGE, POISONOUS SNAKE ... this time closer to home.  The photo above is an Easter Diamondback Rattlesnake he is -- carefully -- handling, while on a visit to the state of Mississippi. 

Remember kiddies ... don't try this at home.  These baddies do SERIOUS damage if they bite you. "Doctor Lamar" is a professional & has been handling such reptiles for many years ... with another year added to that total today ... as it is his birthday.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Jesus Christ in Heaven.

    Got to be honest with you, I've been scared shitless by snakes since I was a very little kid and my dad placed a dead Eastern Diamondback next me while I was not looking.

    I swear in my mind even now that snake was huge. Long story short, I ran so freaking fast my mom and dad finally caught me three blocks down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that many people are "introduced" to snakes in the same fashion as you were. It's not an inherent response, but one which is fostered, usually by an adult passing along the fear of snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - that is one monster rattlesnake......I ran down the block just looking at it on your blog! CR

    ReplyDelete
  4. CR --

    Yes ... a bad-to-the-bone snake ... being handled by an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree about the inherent nature of fear of snakes. I grew up with snakes and have caught or handled at least 1000. Now that I'm grown up I'm scared. When I was young I wanted to be a tropical explorer.... yesterday I saw a garter snake and my heart stopped.

    ReplyDelete