Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

CHECK ON BUBBA

As I have written previously, I try to get some form of exercise daily. It can be an effort in weather like what we have been experiencing for the past few days; temperatures in the teens to low twenties & blustery winds making it feel even colder.

I also do TRY to be careful about what food I eat. That can be hard, since I have a very demanding "sweet tooth" ... actually TEETH. Again, the cold weather finds me less active, inside more than normal -- trying to stay warm -- & consuming more calories than I should.

All the attention to exercise & food is in an effort to maintain some sort of healthy life style. I have always been active in sports -- especially when younger -- & have always been a "runner", as well as a believer in long bike rides. (Obviously, this is another area I am lacking in during the cold weather.)

Since having major surgery affecting my heart almost four years ago, I have tried to adhere to my beliefs on nutrition & exercise, as a way of maintaining my own health -- & hopefully -- avoiding the inevitable "permanent alternative" for as long as possible.

As I have written recently, my dear friend in Tennessee -- Bubba, now sometimes called "Earl Pickles" -- spent some time in the hospital this month, after "not feeling well" for several weeks prior to that.

I worry about my friend & hope he will take better care of himself. Still, now I am afraid I have done something drastic -- in his eyes, for sure -- which will effect his health in a negative way. I hope not, but the shock may be too much for his delicate weakened body to handle.

Today I bought the George Bush book.

It was on sale at 30% off. I get an additional "members discount" of 10% AND I received an e-mail from Barnes & Noble with another 10% coupon. The $35.00 book ended up costing me $18.90 before tax.

What the heck. So I bought it. It's not like it was a Sarah Palin book, or that I'm going to go register as a Republican!!

But now I'm worried about Bubba. This news may send him over the edge for sure. I'm concerned what this will do to his health. He's going to be worried too, that I might actually start watching HIS Fox Noise TV shows, or that pigs will fly !!

Somebody check on Bubba !!

No comments:

Post a Comment