Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Friday, February 4, 2011

CHANGE YOUR MIND ??

Punxsutawney Phil better get his act together & quickly. I'm not happy -- already -- waiting for his "prediction".

How "early" is that "Early Spring" forecast the wood-chucking Woodchuck -- supposedly -- passed along to everyone the other day ?? Not soon enough for ME.

I'm stuck in the house again today. I was outside this A.M. to do my 2.5 miles of jog/walk & I went to the road to get the delivered mail. Both times -- the ONLY times I have been outside --it was snowing on me. That was it for my exposure for the day to the elements.

The radar screen on the computer shows the colors for the different kinds of precipitation we have had across the state today: blue (snow), purple (sleet/freezing rain) & green (rain). We started with snow, then rain, then pellets of ice & freezing rain. Now it is back to snowing outside.

In this weather, I spend too much time in the house, in either the living room -- reading/laying on the couch/85 lb. feline on my chest -- or in the office, at my desk -- or like now -- on the computer, with a 85 lb. feline in my lap.

There's nothing new in the office, except the usual addition of new/different colored pens as I come across them on my retail excursions. About half of my "collection" of writing tools show up in the above photo, with the rest of them in drawers or storage boxes. Those "off-site" would be the "reserves", waiting to get into the game.

Deserving a more detailed look -- in a close-up -- is my darling Wobs, who spends a lot of time with me in the office, "helping" me by lying on the desk directly in front of me as I try to work, or in my lap, either at the desk, or the computer.

Another day, stuck inside. Another bout of Winter weather. The view from all my windows is WHITE.

Ah ... Pauxsutawney Phil. Do you want to revise your prediction ??

4 comments:

  1. My grandfather had a habit of catching and then eating irritating squirrels that messed with his garden. I say the same fate could befall Phil, although for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All rodents lie.

    Your cat is so cute. She has a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another prize-winning CAT photo! It's wonderful!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bum" -- Growing up in N.Y. State, the farmers had problems with Woodchucks -- AKA "Groundhogs" -- digging up the fields & crops. They would shoot the varmits & then hang the dead Woodchuck on the barbwire fence ... some times more than one "Chuck".

    Talk about NASTY -- dead animal, summer heat, flies buzzing & the smell. It's not like it ever scared off any of the other "Chucks" from coming around & starting the whole process over.

    Ladies -- Wobs is my "special baby". In this cold weather, with the heat turned down at night, she comes tugging at the covers of the bed for me to let her join me under them. She then purrs LOUDLY in my ear as I try to go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete