Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MY GRAY HAIR

I have had gray hair for years. What people don't know or realize is this -- I was born with gray hair & for years DYED MY HAIR.

As proof, I submit a photo of my Mother & me taken in July, 1949. I was two at the time & my Mother -- a total HOTTIE -- would have been twenty-two.

At an early age, my Mother started adding color to my hair, since as I was getting older, my hair was not darkening. It continued to be a very light -- almost white -- color of gray.

It was an event which took place about every two weeks at our house -- Mom putting on the rubber gloves, me with my head over the kitchen sink & the hair color being applied. I think it was when my toe nails got cut as well.

Mother tried several different colors. I was rather young, but I remember some old photographs my Dad took. I had light to dark brown color most of the time, depending on what was on sale at the corner drugstore. I think I was even a redhead for a few weeks one time. That's not a good color for me.

When I got older, I learned to color my hair myself. I often thought of coloring my hair bright blond. Think "Professional Wrestler Blond", but I didn't have the nerve to try to pull it off. Plus, I thought someone would pick a fight with me & beat me up.

Finally, around college, I had enough of the ritual of coloring my hair & went for the "Gray Look". Much to my delight, the chicks dug it.

They still do, although they would NEVER have gray hair themselves !!

No comments:

Post a Comment