Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

THE CATS ARE GONE

I knew this day would come. I just didn't realize it would be so soon. There is such an empty feeling in me right now. In a way, I knew I would feel the "loss", but it seems greater than I thought it would.

With the cats, I received many comments from friends who found it strange for me to be attached to non-reptiles. Suffice it to say my "Dog Lover" friends made it known I was some sort of nerd for having cats. Those people who like cats, mostly expressed surprise.

I have questioned my own feelings towards ... "The Three Thugs". Many times. I have seen the changes in myself. Caring & worrying when they were "late" coming inside. Did they have enough food ?? Would they eat the food I gave them, or did I need to try another variety ?? Cat hair ?? Who cares !! So many emotions inside me. So much love to give ... and receive back.

Heck. I've treated ... "The Three Idiots" -- Precious, Nibblets & THE WOBBLER (always spelled in caps.) better than most women I have known.

I walk through the house & it seems strange they are not under foot. I miss WOBS "talking" to me.

I don't think I'll ever have any other cats. It would be too hard to find & train a new cat to replace any of the three. These show personality & return emotions. We have fun "together", working & playing in the yard. Well, not so much when the old John Deere is cutting grass.

I miss them not being here.





Precious, the Mother Kitty -- Laying in the middle of the desk where I write. This is actually a favorite of all the cats. A place to relax, receive back rubs, purr up a storm & donate cat hair to whatever/whoever I was writing to.







Nibblets at the top of the photo, with THE WOBBLER, out in the yard. A time to inspect & explore everything & an opportunity to bring bird & rodent remains to the front porch, to savor & enjoy. [And for me to clean up when they are finished.]


Yes ... it was hard taking them to the Vet this A.M., especially Nibblets, who went "missing" for 20 minutes when I was ready to put her in her carrier. Maybe she knew it was time for them to be on their "vacation" at the Vet, while I went off to Florida for Christmas with Mom.

I already am looking forward to "our return" next weekend.

Then back to "normal" -- cats running through the house, let them out, let them in, food snubbed, cat hair on everything, including me. In other words -- THE GOOD LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. The little critters get into your heart somehow. Just think how happy they will be to see you when you get home - and you them. A big reunion. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete