Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

RECORD RAINS ??

Despite what the talking heads on Fox Noise want me to believe about the subject of "global warming", I have a -- STRONG -- belief in the changes taking place with good old Planet Earth.  If for no other reason than SEVEN BILLION people are now using up the resources of our planet [breathing & eating], along with spewing carbon dioxide back [breathing & ... well, you know what else], the Earth & atmosphere can't handle it all.

On the non-Fox Noise News the other night, [okay ... NBC] there was a story on how the weather is becoming more sever, more often.  Examples given included the tornado's this year in Missouri & Alabama, the Halloween snow storm in the North East, along with the fires & drought affecting Texas & Oklahoma.  Blame it on El Nino, Global Warming.  Whatever.  Something is changing.

In the past 15-plus years, due to the location & elevation of my land, I have had several instances where the creek in the back of my property has not been able to "handle" the volume of H2O flowing through it.  Results: Flooding. According to Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel, the rain & thunder storms we had earlier in the week resulted in a foot of rain in Arkansas. I don't know how much rain we received locally, but I know this was one of the worst examples of flooding on my property which I have witnessed.

Monday was a mess at my home.  While my house is elevated enough not to be affected by the H2O, the resulting flooding from the rain -- while quickly dissipating -- leaves behind a soggy mess, which in itself, takes several days to dry out.  Below are some examples.

                                         MONDAY

                                         TUESDAY

                                          MONDAY

                                          TUESDAY

                                          MONDAY

                                          TUESDAY

The clean-up has started & hopefully it will be a long time before we have any more "record rains".

No comments:

Post a Comment