Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, November 7, 2011

THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO ... ???

Didn't I write about the subject below ??  I seem to recall I did.

I just don't remember things like I did in the past.  And it just seems like this loss of memory has only happened in the past few years.  I wonder what has caused it ??


(New York, NY) -- A newly released study links several types of heart surgeries to loss of thinking and memory skills.
The study, involving German heart patients, included those who'd undergone invasive bypass surgery and who'd gone through much less-invasive stent placement.
All showed cognitive declines several months after their surgeries.
Researchers say memory deficits were more severe in patients who'd undergone coronary artery bypass grafting, probably because of blocked arteries, than among those who'd received a stent to help open an artery

3 comments:

  1. You remember some things better than I do, so your long term memory must have survived! Although you did get a couple things wrong ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe living in the present moment is important because "worry" is part of the past, "fear" is part of the future, and "joy" is being in the present moment. And your post is one more reason for living in the present moment!!! Remembering isn't always a good thing, it just becomes a habit along the way. All we have is the present moment. As long as you always remember to feed your "girls", that's important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls NEVER allow me to forget ANYTHING regarding their needs. Right now, TWO of them -- Precious & Nibblets -- are on the desk as I type, reminding me they are "forced" inside right now due to on-going rain & thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete