Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

SPELUNKING

ANYTHING ... different, new, moved, rearranged or changed in the world of my three cats will attract them to investigate whatever it is which is unique. They never miss anything.

Last night I opened the bottom drawer in the kitchen, looking for one of Wobs favorite toys, which for various reasons, I have to keep put away & hidden.

The open drawer IMMEDIATELY attracted Wobs & her mother, Precious ... sniffing, looking & investigating the change in the kitchen landscape. With all the clutter in the drawer, the toy was the item of least interest.

Precious had her paws up on the front of the drawer & her head deeply buried, looking intently into it. Wobs was also focused on the contents.

I thought it would be a cute photo so I ran to the back room to get my camera, but when I got back only Wobs was still there. I took the picture of Wobs alone, siting next to the open drawer.


THE WOBBLER

Then I started looking around for Momma Kitty. She was not in the kitchen & I didn't see her in the living room, on the porch or in the hall ... all favorite spots.

Then it dawned on me. [You know where this is going.]

I reached down & stuck my hand into the back of the extended drawer. I got a cat paw touching me back. Precious had somehow pulled her chunky self through the clutter in the drawer & was in the back of the cabinetry.

I tried pulling the drawer out & off the runners. No luck. It would not budge. The other cabinet doors in the kitchen did not provide access to the space she was in.

Finally, I emptied the open drawer of all it's contents & pushed the drawer half way in. Precious crawled in from the back, through the drawer & out the front.

Never a dull moment with three cats. If there is an opening ... a platform ... a newly pressed piece of clothing needing a coating of cat hair ... they will find it.


Precious ... in the sock drawer.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. That's what they do.

    I once had a cat who when she saw a postage stamp I had dropped on the carpet, went over to it . . . and laid herself down on top of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est un magnifique cat.... belle manteau de fourrure. Elle a un bon accueil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had a cat get lost in a kitchen drawer.....thought she had escaped out the door. Lots of panicking until she was found. (She wasn't an outdoor cat)
    ca

    ReplyDelete